Like Tree125Likes

World Cup in Qatar - The sideshow or the main event?

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17

Quote Originally Posted by chobochobo:
    Not that it matters to anyone, but I haven't watched any matches.
    I got asked if we could watch the 2nd half of the JAP vs GER game by my European friend when he came over one night, otherwise it would be zero for me as well.

A few good games so far but on the whole compared to previous tournaments, it's been dull. So many 0-0 and 1-1 draws. Could be related to the mid-season timing.

My other gripe is the lack of fans for each country. Used to world cups where one end of the stadium is exclusively for one country. This tournament, aside from a few exceptions, fans seems to be in the 100s rather than the 1000s, with an obvious negative impact on atmosphere. Again, could be due to the timing - summer holidays vs a month in November/December.

But then these kind of problems were flagged and the authorities didn't care. A washed our Disney experience was what they wanted anyway.

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisX:
    My other gripe is the lack of fans for each country. Used to world cups where one end of the stadium is exclusively for one country. This tournament, aside from a few exceptions, fans seems to be in the 100s rather than the 1000s, with an obvious negative impact on atmosphere. Again, could be due to the timing - summer holidays vs a month in November/December.
    Australia/Denmark game was like this. It lacked atmosphere. Was around 2k Aussie fans at one end of the stadium and 2k Danish fans at the other, everyone else was just quiet neutral observers. To make matters worse, no beer means the Aussies were sober and boring and forced to drink Chai tea or whatever this is doesnt make a very happy Aussie.

Name:  Aussie.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  171.6 KB
    chuckster007 likes this.

Alcohol, by the way, is not allowed in the seats in the Premier League. Hasn't been allowed in decades. It's been a while but I do recall having a drink in the areas where you couldn't see the football. I think alcohol sales were completely stopped in the second half of the match.

Budweiser - what fools!

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17