Like Tree164Likes

World Cup in Qatar - The sideshow or the main event?

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

I would not pass the 'cricket test'. I tend to favour other countries over England particularly if the preamble was overly partisan and full of hubris (which is always). Zlatan's bicycle kick? Excellent. Gazza crying. Quite funny.

Quote Originally Posted by chobochobo:
    I would not pass the 'cricket test'. I tend to favour other countries over England particularly if the preamble was overly partisan and full of hubris (which is always). Zlatan's bicycle kick? Excellent. Gazza crying. Quite funny.
    Doesn't help that England under that dummy failed club manager Southgate are passionately dull to watch.

I'll be cheering Iran.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    I don’t tend to watch non England games. I
    You must not watch a lot of games then :-)
    ByeByeEngland likes this.

Ahaha, even this dodgy crook is now saying that Qatar was a mistake.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/63554507

Hindsight or just self serving shit stirring?

A bit of both perhaps.

My interest level in the World Cup has never been lower. I didn't realise that it was imminent until just a few days ago. Meh.

I hope no parties were mistreated in creating this game

https://play.fifa.com/fantasy-classic/team

Amazing how uninterested everyone seems, but yeah with the local leagues still running I think many proper football fans have other things on their minds, and so the rest of us aren't getting swept along in the usual anticipation.

Hope the 2024 Olympics in Paris runs normally... so long since we've had a big non dictatorship non covid big sporting event.

December is a time to look forward to spending time with family with Christmas around the corner. Always associated December with gloomy cold football days. Only exception is the thrill of Boxing day fixtures.

Summer was always a great time for major events. Fantastic weather, watch in the beer garden, perfect excuse to spend time away from the family. A different holiday feel.

I will watch the World Cup, but can't say I have any interest.

FrancisX likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiga:
    December is a time to look forward to spending time with family with Christmas around the corner. Always associated December with gloomy cold football days. Only exception is the thrill of Boxing day fixtures.

Summer was always a great time for major events. Fantastic weather, watch in the beer garden, perfect excuse to spend time away from the family. A different holiday feel.

I will watch the World Cup, but can't say I have any interest.
    I'm with you.

I think what we will see is a football tournament. What we won't see is a festival - a celebration of football. This is one to get over with ASAP and pretend it never happened.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast