Like Tree37Likes

Hullexile's Annual Christmas Appeal

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy:
    Touching pictures and amazing work you are doing!

hullexile you have to find an easier way for us to contribute, setup a fund me page like you did before and more money will stream in.
    My wife does all the work

Is there anyone who would donate but hasn't because of the bank transfer requirement? If so let me know by PM and I will give it some thought while I am feeling not so bad.

Has anyone used Wise to transfer to GCash?

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Has anyone used Wise to transfer to GCash?
    Might be worth a separate thread ...

Things have gone quiet because my wife has not been well though a couple of friends are still handing out some food packs.

Unbelievably my wife has discovered an informal settlement (squatter camp) hidden in the town that she didn't know had sprung up during the pandemic. Next on her list to help (the kids at least) if we have the resources to do so.

FREE MONEY!!!!

If you, or anyone you know, are in North America or Europe then you can donate £1 and Sendwave add £10. No fees. So if you want to donate Sendwave's money to us then:

Just download the app, send the £1 (or more if you wish) and use code MalcolmPH. If interested PM me for the gcash account number and name.

Does not work in Hong Kong.

Name:  FB_IMG_16709094460036816.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  276.8 KB

Hopefully this afternoon or tomorrow my wife will be holding a Christmas party for the kids from the squatter camp. Food, games, present.

The local "police" will provide security and locals (mostly it seems from the LGBT community) will help.

Photos will follow.

Meanwhile friends are still handing out food parcels and the one in the picture is adding t-shirts. That is not his/her house, she is just caretaking.

She only sent photos of herself!

Name:  FB_IMG_16710602934865776.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  433.8 KB

Closed a nearby road rather than go in the squatter camp.

Food for 50 kids (spaghetti Filipino style and Shanghai Lumpia - like a thin, meat filled spring roll) cooked by my wife and friends.

Party games such as sack races and egg and spoon with a small cash prize for both the winning and losing teams.To finish a traditional Filipino game where you choose a,string to cut and see how much money you get. Luckily the smallest note here is worth less than HK$3. But that is still a lot for these kids.

The kids were so excited and happy as they had never had a Christmas party before. The parents said thank you very very much.

Apologies for the photos, my kids were having a school party themselves. My wife is a great
    organiser and cook but not photographer

Name:  FB_IMG_16710951983621444.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  449.1 KB
    Name:  FB_IMG_16710952097735148.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  460.1 KB
    Name:  FB_IMG_16710958071660171.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  484.8 KB

chingleutsch likes this.

My wife just got in after a very long day. She said it is impossible to describe how happy the kids were never having experienced anything like this before.

The parents said a very merry Christmas to you and thanks so much.

I want to add my thanks. I know the donating process was not straightforward but your kindness and perseverance has impacted many many lives. Many hundreds of lives. Some of these will remember this and grow up helping others.

So THANK YOU yet again.

(And donations still accepted )

Deleted, link didn't work

Food packs still going out. Another friend with his daughters packing. He bought extra rice himself to donate.

Name:  FB_IMG_16712381474222780.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  233.9 KB

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast