Like Tree62Likes

Hullexile's Annual Christmas Appeal

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Merry Christmas to all.

Still a couple of donations expected but our best year ever saw:

A family of 10 fed for a month

Food and presents for 100 street kids

A street party with food and games, with small cash prizes, for 50 squatter kids

250 kg of rice for an orphanage

We lost count, but many hundreds of food packs. Each one would provide several meals so that means the meals must have totalled in the thousands.

So to all the donors, you have put a smile on the faces of hundreds of kids like the one below.

Name:  FB_IMG_16697727954795460.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  551.8 KB

Another generous donation came in, thank you, so rice and groceries to an orphanage and with the help of friends, food packs to street kids.

shri and chingleutsch like this.

Several of you sent money via an unknown character in the UK, so I thought it would be good to show he is real. After being fast tracked through Manila Airport (30 minutes from landing to being in the car I had arranged for him) and before a week of meeting VIPs and VVIPs his first stop was to our house to deliver chocolates, tea and crumpets. At 1am!

Name:  FB_IMG_16775188896113982.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  308.7 KB

Original Post Deleted
    Malcolm, me sitting, one of my daughters, my wife
    RobRoy likes this.

Early warning. For those who haven't seen this before, it is our 12th year and the posts above will give you an idea.

Feeling seriously shit at the moment but the Christmas season starts on September 1st in the Philippines (Christmas trees, street decorations already up, carols playing) and my wife is already planning and getting requests.

The first two on are list are orphanages. Then street children last year totalled 100 and then kids from a squatter camp. Poverty living senior citizens next.

New on our list this year are some prisoners. The food and other rations are minimal at best. We are aiming help at elderly prisoners with no family support to bring extra food or toiletries. Many of them have not been to trial yet and perhaps never will. My wife is coordinating with the authorities.

shri, Trebor, Grinnie Jax and 5 others like this.

Like previous years I request an easier way to transfer money. Asking our helper how she transfers money, there seems to be very efficient ways with very low currency exchange rate losses and nearly zero transfer fees for sending money to the Philippines through the apps she uses. Don't make the barriers too high to send you money and I'm sure you will get a larger uptake of givers.

All the best!

Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy:
    Like previous years I request an easier way to transfer money. Asking our helper how she transfers money, there seems to be very efficient ways with very low currency exchange rate losses and nearly zero transfer fees for sending money to the Philippines through the apps she uses. Don't make the barriers too high to send you money and I'm sure you will get a larger uptake of givers.

All the best!
    We should have a Hong Kong HSBC account available, will confirm soon. Hopefully that will make it easy for the Hong Kong donors. It also cuts me out of the loop which is better

All the best!
    My wife now has Gcash and I know some apps and money transfers can transfer to gcash here. Is that how your helper does it? I know they can from the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    My wife now has Gcash and I know some apps and money transfers can transfer to gcash here. Is that how your helper does it? I know they can from the UK.
    Yes she says, she transfers from Alipay into Gcash which then can quickly transfer to someone in Philippines in PHP, as I understood it the exchange rate is good.

Yes she says, she transfers from Alipay into Gcash which then can quickly transfer to someone in Philippines in PHP, as I understood it the exchange rate is good.
    Yes gcash is becoming standard here. Good to know, will probably use that as an option.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast