Over 140 feared dead..

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/10...smid=url-share

Corrib likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:
    ...reminds me of
    My first thought too. Just terrible.

This is a terrible way to die. RIP

Assume they will arrange barricades etc like hk

These tragedies are usually preventable - if the Hong Kong crash barrier methods are followed. However, if you have been to any Hong Kong festival and had to queue and go around in endless lines to get across a street, you soon realise that there are better ways to spend an evening.

shri, rs4 and Skyhook like this.

Funnily enough LKF was much better this year for exactly not deploying crash barriers taking up even more space (and the endless looping).

Crowd control in other forms is a good idea though. That and not having people insist on pushing their way into/through/towards a crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0:
    Funnily enough LKF was much better this year for exactly not deploying crash barriers taking up even more space (and the endless looping).

Crowd control in other forms is a good idea though. That and not having people insist on pushing their way into/through/towards a crowd.
    Crowd control?

it’s a task for the riot police

I think this should be renamed. It’s scientifically accurate to call it a crowd crush when ppl couldn’t move. Stampede suggests lion king-esque movement which it is now clear what happened in Seoul was not. If ppl had room to stampede we wouldn’t see this level of death and those ppl would have had room to move out of the way. Please rename.

Last edited by natino; 30-10-2022 at 09:46 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast