Like Tree1Likes

Chinese Secret "Police Service Stations" ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Chinese Secret "Police Service Stations" ...

I am sure this was posted earlier in a thread, but I cannot find that post and relevant discussion...

Not sure how secret these were - unregistered outposts for sure.

Netherlands

An investigation by RTL Nieuws and Follow the Money said the “overseas service stations” in Amsterdam and Rotterdam ostensibly served an administrative purpose, allowing Chinese nationals to renew driving licences and change their civil status.

But the two outlets also spoke to Chinese critics of the Beijing regime living in the Netherlands who said the centres, of whose presence the Dutch authorities had not been notified, were also being used to track, contact and threaten dissidents.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ts-say-reports

Canada

Canada’s federal police force is investigating reports that clandestine Chinese “police stations” are operating in Toronto amid reports of a global network used to target overseas dissidents.

The Royal Canada Mounted Police said it was investigating “reports of criminal activity in relation to the so-called ‘police’ stations” but did not specify the location of the sites.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-investigation

Here's a link to an older report, which I suspect sparked a few investigations around the world, related to these service stations.

Based on open-source information collected so far, 54 physical “overseas service stations" have been identified in 30 countries across five continents. As these only represent the stations set up by Fuzhou and Qingtian Counties, the total number is most likely higher.

The Overseas Police Service Stations run by the Fuzhou County (Fujian Province) Public Security Bureau call themselves “110 Overseas service stations”, referring to the Chinese police emergency number and inspiring the title of this investigation.
    https://safeguarddefenders.com/en/bl...licing-expands

China, World's photocopy machine.. Its not just machines, tech and prada bags, now xerox of KGB book..

Pretty sure the dutch and canadian are aware of this but not doing anything.
    chinese money must be nice

I will never understand why China thinks this is worthwhile in any way for the nation, I just lolcry at them. I think China is still a dump of a country even after enjoying several decades of sole control by a single party on a gigantic piece of land w food and rare earth minerals and a 1bn workforce precisely bcos it prioritizes all its time and resources doing dumb shit like this, harrassing dissidents and giving its own citizens a hard time for inconsequential nonsense..

Ppl always give me flak when I scoff at China economy, say CCP has done a lot, made huge advancement in a short time. No they haven't. Not even close - I'm not biased, my standards are just normal (not low). The advancement they've made would have happened anyway naturally with the passing of time under any political party or even none.. so when I factor all the other "advantages" avail to them, the speed of advancement is slow as hell like a mf..😒

Del Piero likes this.

I tend to think without state managed corruption and state sponsorship of some businesses their economic, infrastructure, technological and financial progress would not have been possible... from point "a" (end of Deng Xiaopeng era) to point "b" (pre-covid Xi).

I don't think you can just attribute the passing of time as this progress was unnaturally fast and widespread.

state managed corruption and state sponsorship of some businesses
    The state sponsorship is like a expanding balloon waiting to pop imo bcos the state sponsorship is the economy. Plus without state getting involved, it'll just be normal corruption by the ppl for themselves. A lot more efficient ;p

It is true w/o state and its ego at work, some cities won't look as glitzy, its intl status won't be like now and media might not be touting China as the next big thing (and they've been saying this for 20 yrs and I'm still waiting..) but beneath the varnish, the advancement is v ordinary and meh.
    Last edited by sarsi; 08-11-2022 at 01:38 PM.

which alleged...police agencies opened 54 “overseas service centres” in 25 cities across 21 countries...including nine in Spain, four in Italy, three in Frnce, two in the Netherlands and two in the UK, in London and Glasgow. It said part of their purpose was to “persuade” dissidents to return to China
    why why...imagine how useful it would be if they did this, 1 new police station per province in China. And there would still be leftover money cuz only 23 chinese provinces. Maybe 1 new sports facility centre and the rest lucky draw, winning provinces can get a new state sponsored karaoke lounge for ppl to use..

They found one of these sinister "110 overseas stations" in New York, above a noodle shop on the third floor of 107 East Broadway on the Lower East Side. The bastards got caught by the IRS for failure to lodge taxes.

https://www.news.com.au/world/asia/c...1a939054432f82

1 new state hospital, 1 new public school (or state provided childcare..), 1 new post office, 1 new state rep office for farmers services and agri finance, 1 new children's playground for every province..

The report alleges Beijing directed transfers of funds through an Ontario lawmaker and others to at least 11 federal election candidates and Chinese operatives who worked as their campaign staffers.

It also says Beijing sought to place agents in the offices of members of parliament to influence policy.
    https://hongkongfp.com/2022/11/08/ch...5XQ3CwkvgP2dRk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast