Like Tree50Likes

Good weather all the year? Where to live?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

The most stable pleasant weather I ever experienced was at high altitude on Borneo in Malaysia. Was staying at about 2000m above sea level, weather was fantastic, around 23-25 degrees C. I do think this is a year round temperature as the temperature stays high at sea level all year around and the altitude just lowers it with like 8 degrees or so. Problem was sun is still really strong, so very easy to get sunburnt when you don\t feel the heat.

So answer is, the tropical area at about 2000m altitude which has the best living standard etc that you can find.

In Hong Kong, I missed the change of seasons, too. Feeling a bit wintery is enjoyable, too. But limited.

Greece. Places near high hills get snow and a little wintery feeling but it doesn't set in. Never far from beaches. But yeah, I'm searching for this place, in a country where I speak the language.

I swore off living in Germany ever again as I don't want to put up with those winters! - 10, never ending slush, all the layers you have to wear...(the people can suck too )

Doesn't Australia have pretty good year round weather?

Milocate and rkenia852 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy:
    The most stable pleasant weather I ever experienced was at high altitude on Borneo in Malaysia. Was staying at about 2000m above sea level, weather was fantastic, around 23-25 degrees C. I do think this is a year round temperature as the temperature stays high at sea level all year around and the altitude just lowers it with like 8 degrees or so. Problem was sun is still really strong, so very easy to get sunburnt when you don\t feel the heat.

So answer is, the tropical area at about 2000m altitude which has the best living standard etc that you can find.
    I wouldn't be so sure it is year round. Baguio in the Philippines is lovely in the summer but they get frost in the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I wouldn't be so sure it is year round. Baguio in the Philippines is lovely in the summer but they get frost in the winter.
    I would guess its too far in the north, so not the tropical region but subtropical region, which means there are temperature seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    It's in the top five countries in the world by size, so it's a bit hard to generalise. But Sydney and Melbourne (the two most populous cities) have had more than their share of freak/bad weather events over the past handful of years.

I would guess its too far in the north, so not the tropical region but subtropical region, which means there are temperature seasons.
    Baguio, no definitely tropical. Drop down the mountain in winter and you are back in the 20s and 30s.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Baguio, no definitely tropical. Drop down the mountain in winter and you are back in the 20s and 30s.
    Still sounds like a good place temp wise, is it a nice place to live?

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:

I am currently in Melbourne where it's been freezing for the last few weeks. Last week I was in Hobart, where i encountered snow during my hike. That probably doesn't sound too bad, until you remember that I am in the SOUTHERN hemisphere and summer starts in 3 days time!
    Milocate likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sarsi:
    I haven't experienced HK winter for a few years now.. ;_; All the proper coats I used to buy and wear have been tucked deep in storage. Now I just keep a light one for "chillier days".
    I remember my Singaporean colleagues arriving in HK with giant puffer coats when the temp hit 20 degrees (or something like that...).

Used to be a running joke in our office and we would invite them over for meetings just for the entertainment ...

Still sounds like a good place temp wise, is it a nice place to live?
    Traffic is a bummer in the summer with tourists but some lovely places there and locally. Imagine a big city perched on top of a very high mountain range.

Name:  baguiorev1-2.png
Views: 320
Size:  554.7 KB
    Milocate likes this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast