Like Tree50Likes

Good weather all the year? Where to live?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Chiang Mai, not perfect but almost there..

shri and Milocate like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ndt:
    Chiang Mai, not perfect but almost there..
    Don't they have annual burn-offs?

Quote Originally Posted by Milocate:
    Hi guys, just walked around and enjoyed that wonderful weather today, with deep blue sky, some fluffy clouds, a nice view of the sea and 26-28°C warm. Perfect for me, as a German who hates winter

Then I was wondering where on our great planet we could find a place with this great weather from today, but no ugly humid summer, some beaches besides, a bigger city nearby with good food and good healthcare, and a good safety situation?

I only know some places in Europe, therefore I would go for Lisbon or Barcelona, maybe Valencia. Nice places.

What do you think; where would be a great place like mentioned above?
    Cape Town? Quite a few Germans there, at least during NH winter. Safety is a problem though.

Got my eye on Cuenca, Ecuador, high in the low 20's, all year long. Low in the teens, at night (I like it to cool off). So, N. America spring, all year long. Easy to get retirement visa if can prove income of something around 1000 USD/month (I think it's a bit less, but let's say 1000, most expats can easily show this number). There are also beach cities in Ecuador with temperate climates, if you need a beach (give me mountains over beach, any day).

shri, hullexile, Milocate and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Don't they have annual burn-offs?
    It does, between Feb and April, go to Phuket/Koh Samui/Krabi/Hua Hin/Bang kok/Pattaya during those months, enjoy beach life and come back to mountains in April, best of both worlds, lot of characters in each city/place and not to mention legendary food scene..
    jgl and Milocate like this.

Yes, Gran Canaria is also a good alternative, most of the year good weather, and not so humid like here.
    And flights are cheap to Europe..

Chaing Mai - I´ve heard from a lot of retired Swiss people there

My retirement destination will have to include a lot of golf courses with said nice weather.

Milocate likes this.

California has perfect weather. You could surf and snowboard in the same day.
    South Africa (which is the cradle of man kind) also has perfect weather in most of the country. Some areas up north can get too hot in the summer. Too bad crime is a big problem there.

Sith and Milocate like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Milocate:
    Yes, Gran Canaria is also a good alternative, most of the year good weather, and not so humid like here.
    And flights are cheap to Europe..

Chaing Mai - I´ve heard from a lot of retired Swiss people there
    And Grand Canaria too many European tourists (Brits, Dutch etc...)
    Milocate likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt30:
    California has perfect weather. You could surf and snowboard in the same day.
    South Africa (which is the cradle of man kind) also has perfect weather in most of the country. Some areas up north can get too hot in the summer. Too bad crime is a big problem there.
    I was thinking Cali as a potential too but other sorta climate related cons..earthquakes..

I bet there was a whole bunch of dudes just like us that had this discussion many many years ago hoping to find the place.. I'm guessing that was what eventually prompted someone to invent aircon as the answer.. ;_;