Like Tree50Likes

Good weather all the year? Where to live?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Matt30:
    California has perfect weather. You could surf and snowboard in the same day.
    South Africa (which is the cradle of man kind) also has perfect weather in most of the country. Some areas up north can get too hot in the summer. Too bad crime is a big problem there.
    I was thinking Cali as a potential too but other sorta climate related cons..earthquakes..

I bet there was a whole bunch of dudes just like us that had this discussion many many years ago hoping to find the place.. I'm guessing that was what eventually prompted someone to invent aircon as the answer.. ;_;

Significant improvement in the temp today

Perfect where I live all year round - if it was night time only

Name:  2022_12_01_10.41.21.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  202.2 KB

Milocate likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sarsi:
    I was thinking Cali as a potential too but other sorta climate related cons..earthquakes..
    California isn't bad if you leave away from the major centers like LA or SF since they are expensive to live in. As for earthquakes there hasn't been major one for decades. You are right the weather is great all year round in California. The higher elevation areas of California gets cold with snow but the coastal areas are great places to live in.
    Milocate likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Milocate:
    Hi guys, just walked around and enjoyed that wonderful weather today, with deep blue sky, some fluffy clouds, a nice view of the sea and 26-28°C warm. Perfect for me, as a German who hates winter

Then I was wondering where on our great planet we could find a place with this great weather from today, but no ugly humid summer, some beaches besides, a bigger city nearby with good food and good healthcare, and a good safety situation?

I only know some places in Europe, therefore I would go for Lisbon or Barcelona, maybe Valencia. Nice places.

What do you think; where would be a great place like mentioned above?
    if you find any such place. human will go there in huge number and climate will be changed there as well. so in short, there is no such permanent place.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I'm sitting outside this morning and the sudden transition to the cooler environment when I stepped out of the building had me shivering for a moment. It's fantastic!

Edit: just sitting here people watching, and everyone's wearing full length clothing and jackets. Haven't seen any down parkas yet.

Haha, yes, today one day off, and I was walking with shorts and t-shirt, but some people with winter jackets.
    Today it feels like a summer day in Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by PKS_2000:
    if you find any such place. human will go there in huge number and climate will be changed there as well. so in short, there is no such permanent place.
    I´m not sure, as everyone has a different feeling about weather - some even like the weather in Germany

wrong thread

Last edited by bdw; 01-12-2022 at 11:19 AM. Reason: wrong thread

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Name:  groovin_polar-bear.gif
Views: 184
Size:  52.7 KB

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast