Like Tree50Likes

Good weather all the year? Where to live?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Good weather all the year? Where to live?

Hi guys, just walked around and enjoyed that wonderful weather today, with deep blue sky, some fluffy clouds, a nice view of the sea and 26-28°C warm. Perfect for me, as a German who hates winter

Then I was wondering where on our great planet we could find a place with this great weather from today, but no ugly humid summer, some beaches besides, a bigger city nearby with good food and good healthcare, and a good safety situation?

I only know some places in Europe, therefore I would go for Lisbon or Barcelona, maybe Valencia. Nice places.

What do you think; where would be a great place like mentioned above?

I am sorry of this offends you... But this is SHIT weather for this time of the year in HK. Might as well be in Singapore.

Should be better I a couple of days at around 15C

emx, Milocate, Cheeky Kiwi and 9 others like this.

Tjo, the weather - can´t be right for everyone, therefore we´d better accept it, or we try to live where we like the weather.
    shri likes this.

Hawaii baby. 27-28 year round.

Milocate likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    Hawaii baby. 27-28 year round.

But -be careful of exactly WHERE ABOUTS you settle there - or get your arse fried in a Lava Flow !
    Milocate, rkenia852 and PKS_2000 like this.

Thought it was nice and cool this morning, then the afternoon has hit what feels like high 20s again. Grrr.

Quote Originally Posted by Milocate:

I only know some places in Europe, therefore I would go for Lisbon or Barcelona, maybe Valencia. Nice places.

What do you think; where would be a great place like mentioned above?
    Not sure that utopia exists. Barcelona has a high of 14 today and is cloudy. Valencia slighty better at 17. Spain gets cold in the winter. What about living in Hong Kong in the winter and Barcelona in the summer?
    Milocate likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I am sorry of this offends you... But this is SHIT weather for this time of the year in HK. Might as well be in Singapore.

Should be better I a couple of days at around 15C
    Ha you speak for yourself. I'm not good in the cold and 13-14 degrees is cold! I have spent as much of today on the balcony as possible and just waved goodbye to the warm weather for a few days. Another burst of semi warmth before flying back to UK mid December.
    Milocate, shri and alexdown like this.

HK summer is pretty oppressive humidity and heat wise.

Somewhere like Portugal is pretty livable year round.

Milocate likes this.

]What about living in Hong Kong in the winter
    I haven't experienced HK winter for a few years now.. ;_; All the proper coats I used to buy and wear have been tucked deep in storage. Now I just keep a light one for "chillier days".

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast