Like Tree68Likes

Jacinda Arden Resigns...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Yes agree. What I saw reported before was that the 29% was her approval figure which is completely different and so false reporting.
    The new PM apparently has a new nickname "Mr 0.3%"

https://www.news.com.au/finance/work...06988b424dcc01

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    The new PM apparently has a new nickname "Mr 0.3%"]
    Better than a south asian politician who was named "Mr 10%" ... because you needed to bribe him with 10% of whatever deal you wanted approved ...
    hullexile and bdw like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    It's funny how politicians always blame their unpopularity on fascists, misogynists, or bigots with unacceptable views.
    If you are the president, or prime minister, and you don't improve the lives of your constituents, the least they should be allowed to do is call you a <snip>.
    I'm assuming since you are MRgoodkat you are male. It's fine to believe that sexism in leadership positions doesn't exist if it doesn't affect you. But I can assure you it does. Perhaps if you are more open to seeing it, your daughter/granddaughter or any other female you might care about in the future would have more opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by hongkongmusic:
    Fascist Covid policies. Worse than Hong Kong.

Now she's 'burned out'.

No pity points from me.
    I disagree with all covid policies of any country which restricted movement - particularly Aus and NZ. But many in NZ supported these policies. I have an NZ friend who was adamant it was the right thing to be doing. And I think she did follow both science and kindness. It's hard to say either of these is wrong - even though I personally totally disagree with it.

whatever you think of her politics, she was duly elected, hardworking and thoroughly decent, decent enough to resign not like some american prick who staged a riot and almost a revolution to stay in power

hope you fuckers have daughters that will go on to suffer what she has gone thorough

HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Kiwi:
    whatever you think of her politics, she was duly elected, hardworking and thoroughly decent, decent enough to resign not like some american prick who staged a riot and almost a revolution to stay in power

hope you fuckers have daughters that will go on to suffer what she has gone thorough

Did you feel the same concern with death threats to Liz Truss?

Unfortunately threatening elected politicians is more common than it should be.
    https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/...-survey-finds/

I have not read enough about Liz to know if she is a decent person

The little I have read about her seems to suggest she is a dumb cock

But being dumb should not invite death threats, so yes I feel the same concern

vmlinuz, East_coast and hullexile like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Kiwi:

Becoming the PM of a country? I'd be okay with that - could do a lot worse (although I would strongly advise them to avoid the cess pit that is politics)
    East_coast likes this.

Are there any leaders that got through the pandemic without making fools of themselves and being targeted by those thinking differently? In any case, leaders get most of the blame yet policies almost never come from them and they are generally approved by elected representatives. I liked the fact that she was young, female, and took some risks. Their tobacco law is something new, she was also quick to respond after the terrorist attack. I'll take that kind of leadership over old fossils like in the US. To me, people at the top need to be inspirational, whether or not they achieve a lot depends on a lot of factors and not just themselves. Good for her to make the choice that is best for her and her family, I think she will continue to do well.

The tobacco law is a disgrace. I'm all for discouraging people from smoking but outright banning it is a huge infringement on people's rights to choose what they want to do. Shall we ban alcohol next? High sugar foods? Many things are bad for you.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast