Like Tree68Likes

Jacinda Arden Resigns...

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Jacinda Arden Resigns...

At the party’s first caucus meeting of the year on Thursday, Ardern said she “no longer had enough in the tank” to do the job. “It’s time,” she added.

“I’m leaving, because with such a privileged role comes responsibility – the responsibility to know when you are the right person to lead and also when you are not. I know what this job takes. And I know that I no longer have enough in the tank to do it justice. It’s that simple,” she said.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...droidApp_Other

Good for her

I wouldn't want to be PM for the next three years anyway, look at the economy!

shri, huja, East_coast and 1 others like this.

Better five years late than never. She's been an absolute disaster for New Zealand.

Hkemail888 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor:
    Better five years late than never. She's been an absolute disaster for New Zealand.
    Saw her approval rating was at only 29%.

I was in NZ a couple of weeks ago. I saw a few 'Ardern Out' signs in the countryside (ie most of NZ). Don't know much about her policies but surely a much more sensible person than Tr*mp or J*hnson.

Sensible doesn't go over well with violent fascists who don't like women in charge and keep ratcheting up death threats to her family.

Quote Originally Posted by SirNotAppearing:
    Sensible doesn't go over well with violent fascists who don't like women in charge and keep ratcheting up death threats to her family.
    I hope that isn't 71% of the population?

I like her but you can see she worked with Tony Blair

I quite liked her after she called some guy an arrogant prick on a hot mic a few months ago, then auctioned off the official parliamentary record of her comments for prostate cancer research "for pricks everywhere"

I thought she was fantastic. Didn't necessarily agree with all her politics (I'm not a natural labour person) but I really liked the way she operated. NZ will be worse off without her.

Crankshaft likes this.

I'm going to miss her many sad faces

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast