Like Tree28Likes

Turkey/Syria 7.8 earthquake

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    I wonder how much time it takes for all these foreign teams to prepare for the photo op? I am sure the people waiting under several tons of concrete dont mind waiting a bit longer (not pointing the finger as all countries do this photo op thing instead of just getting their arses on a plane as quick as possible.

Meanwhile news what HK has offered yet?
    They, and their equipment, had to be blessed by the priest, I kid you not, which is why they are all lined up.

Let me see if I can find a FFS and eye roll emoji..

Elegiaque likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    Let me see if I can find a FFS and eye roll emoji..
    I can't find the photo now of them being blessed but holy water sprinkled over them all.

Seems like a lot of aid is going to Turkey. Heard a fair bit about how the affected Syrian region is neglected as it is controlled by rebels and aid might not flow from Turkey to that region of Syria. Also, because this is a election result the Turkish govt will be focused on assisting its electorate over perhaps spreading the assistance around.

IT's great to see all this foreign help but then what if the Philippines were to suffer a major natural disaster while they are in Turkey, would they then have to fly them all back

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Seems like a lot of aid is going to Turkey. Heard a fair bit about how the affected Syrian region is neglected as it is controlled by rebels and aid might not flow from Turkey to that region of Syria. Also, because this is a election result the Turkish govt will be focused on assisting its electorate over perhaps spreading the assistance around.
    Read that one of the affected syrian towns has since been bombed.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    IT's great to see all this foreign help but then what if the Philippines were to suffer a major natural disaster while they are in Turkey, would they then have to fly them all back
    They have only sent 31 medical staff and a 100 for so others. Every city in the Philippines has dozens of disaster response people on standby and masses of equipment and relief goods located all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    They have only sent 31 medical staff and a 100 for so others. Every city in the Philippines has dozens of disaster response people on standby and masses of equipment and relief goods located all over the place.
    Ok, i wondered of this was like an elite unit or something
    hullexile likes this.

Death toll over 11,200 now.

Reminds of the last but one significant earthquake we felt here, 4 years ago. My daughter was in a beauty pageant rehearsal in a shopping mall. Despite being in her heels she got out of the mall before most people. My wife then drove some injured people to hospital.

The roof of another shopping mall in the province collapsed killing people inside.