Like Tree11Likes

Nicola Sturgeon resigns

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Nicola Sturgeon resigns

A great rallier of nationalism but not such a good administrator.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b2282629.html

Hard to imagine she will back away from limelight and anti-Westminster Pro-Scotland tubthumping

Original Post Deleted
    She will be missed in large parts of England - she nearly succeeded in lowering their tax burden by ten billion odd quid
    traineeinvestor likes this.

The SNP have replaced Labour as the party of choice for government sector workers, the working poor and the non-working plus they obviously get the nationalist votes.

They should have a healthy lead in the polls for years to come. Is there a majority desire more continuation of the neverendum requests - probably not

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    The SNP have replaced Labour as the party of choice for government sector workers, the working poor and the non-working plus they obviously get the nationalist votes.

They should have a healthy lead in the polls for years to come. Is there a majority desire more continuation of the neverendum requests - probably not
    The last time I looked at seat predictions the SNP were due to replace the Tories as the second party in the UK.

Wow, she seems to be more despised than our own Carrie Lam. Who’d be a politician these days?

Original Post Deleted
    Reminds me of one of those old Charlie Brooker reviews of the year... They did a skit where they fast forwarded to coverage of election night 2025 where the SNP had just taken Tunbridge Wells while Epsom and Ewell fell to the Communists.

Original Post Deleted
    Not mine, scroll down to seat predictions. I don't for a second think it will pan out but it does show how desperate the Conservative position is.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opin...neral_election

Original Post Deleted
    I was just having fun with our resident Conservative Party supporter and his demise of the Labour Party vote. I guess he hasn't looked at his infographics on the current UK political situation.
    TheBrit likes this.

She was a good leader, and as someone who lived in Scotland for eight years I respect her independence push. But two things dragged her down:

1. The SNP getting into bed with the Greens. Complete wrong 'uns.
    2. Related to the above, the Gender ID controversy

Whatever your opinion on the Gender ID law, Sturgeon saying that critics of the law were "bigots, and most likely racists" was not only a nonsensical claim but also highly offensive to many Scottish women. The way she tied herself in knots after the rapist was put in a woman's prison highlighted that not only had she crossed a line, but she knew she had done so.Trust gone. Had to go.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisX:
    She was a good leader, and as someone who lived in Scotland for eight years I respect her independence push. But two things dragged her down:

1. The SNP getting into bed with the Greens. Complete wrong 'uns.
    2. Related to the above, the Gender ID controversy

Whatever your opinion on the Gender ID law, Sturgeon saying that critics of the law were "bigots, and most likely racists" was not only a nonsensical claim but also highly offensive to many Scottish women. The way she tied herself in knots after the rapist being out in a woman's prison highlighted that not only had she crossed a line, but she knew she had done so.Trust gone. Had to go.
    I would suggest it was the bad administration ability was her downfall.

8 years in power and things were getting worse. Populist social causes trumping reform with the constant - Evil Tories and overlords in Westminster rhetoric to distract the masses and enliven the indignant.

The gender controversy looked a purely concocted issue to drive anti English sentiment as she and the party leadership would have known it would result in a veto from Westminster. The veto looked the primary purpose of the law given the nuanced details of the law were so lacking as were her and her teams knowledge.

She didn't fall on her sword she swung her sword erratically banging things to make noise and inflicted a fatal wound to herself.
    traineeinvestor likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast