Like Tree12Likes

Russian Born HK Businessman Arrested ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Russian Born HK Businessman Arrested ...

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/russian-international-money-launderer-arrested-illicitly-procuring-large-quantities-us

Russian-born Hong Kong businessman was arrested by FBI on Fiji. He is well known to Russian/Ukrainian/Belarusan communities since he is the owner of Foodshop.hk - shop selling post-USSR foods.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinnie Jax:
    Russian-born Hong Kong businessman was arrested by FBI on Fiji. He is well known to Russian/Ukrainian/Belarusan communities since he is the owner of Foodshop.hk - shop selling post-USSR foods.
    The ownership of foodshop.hk matches..

According to court documents, Maxim Marchenko is a Russian national who resides in Hong Kong and operates several Hong Kong-based shell companies, including Alice Components Co. Ltd. (Alice Components), Neway Technologies Limited (Neway) and RG Solutions Limited (RG Solutions).
    Name:  Screenshot 2023-09-19 at 4.37.33 PM.png
Views: 746
Size:  33.9 KB

Yes, it is him. We ordered from him prior to Feb 2022, he seemed like a nice guy. But then I got to know him from the other side after Feb 2022 and never ordered from him again. As you can see, for good reason.

Gatts likes this.

People say his family is still in HK.

The website is functioning.. I would not want to place an order.

The indictment document is interesting..

https://www.justice.gov/media/1314751/dl?inline?noembed

emx and hin23leung like this.

Alleged money laundering? Nice juxtaposition with the thread by another (I’d assume) blameless forum member complaining they got their personal bank account closed.

rkenia852 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0:
    Alleged money laundering? Nice juxtaposition with the thread by another (I’d assume) blameless forum member complaining they got their personal bank account closed.
    They are from different countries.
    shri likes this.

Wish you and your family to get into the wrong passport side and see how that would broaden your narrow mind.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying entirely. What I was saying was that HK and its banks appear to be fine with enabling what is alleged to be money laundering elsewhere while small accounts like yours get closed just for having the wrong passport.

Not sure why a sympathetic stand instead gets me lynched by everyone instead but fine, I see the way things are going for anyone who talks about imperfect systems.

shri and Grinnie Jax like this.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying entirely. What I was saying was that HK and its banks appear to be fine with enabling what is alleged to be money laundering elsewhere while small accounts like yours get closed just for having the wrong passport.

Not sure why a sympathetic take instead gets me lynched by everyone instead but fine, I see the way things are going for anyone who talks about imperfect systems.
    I saw your post as intended dont worry
    AsianXpat0, shri and rkenia852 like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast