Like Tree5Likes

India stopped issuing tourist visas for HKSAR passport holders.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Jeez .. no clue whats happening there.

Translation from AAStocks:

Yahoo News reported that India has stopped issuing travel visas for HKSAR passports, but BNO passport holders are not affected. A spokesman for the Hong Kong Government said that HKSAR passport holders are required to apply for visas for travelling to India for tourism and other purposes. The Immigration Department has been actively liaising with the Consulate General of India in the HKSAR to understand the latest visa arrangements, with a view to striving for more travel convenience for HKSAR passport holders.

At present, according to the Indian online visa platform, China, Hong Kong and Macao are not included in the list of countries and territories eligible for applying for electronic visas, and Hong Kong is not listed under the "Nationality/Territory" column on the visa application page. Staff at the North Point office of the Indian Consulate General in Hong Kong also said that HKSAR passports are not eligible to apply for travel visas.

The Mrs told me this has been the case for a while and a reminded me that a friend of ours had to use his BNO passport to apply for an Indian visa.

hin23leung likes this.

What did I do wrong ?

First of all, China, HK, Macau have been removed from India's evisa list.

We have some employees in China (Hangzhou) who have been to India in the past. None of them can get Indian visas issued now. India has really taken this to childish levels now.

Even people in India can still get single entry (double entry in some cases) business visit visas (not tourist visas) to China. Indian PRs in Hong Kong can get up to 3 years multiple entry.

And now there's a fight going on with Canadians and visa services have been pulled there.

Quote Originally Posted by shree711:
    India has really taken this to childish levels now.
    Source on which you are basing this?

I know quite a few Indian people who became Chinese (and renounced their citizenship) to get an HK passport. Wonder if this will apply to them too or if there's an exception for ex-Indians

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    I know quite a few Indian people who became Chinese (and renounced their citizenship) to get an HK passport. Wonder if this will apply to them too or if there's an exception for ex-Indians
    If they have to apply for a fresh visa, they're in trouble. If they have OCI, they're in the clear. If they're applying for OCI, not quite sure what is happening but haven't heard that this is being stopped. Takes a couple of months though.

Quote Originally Posted by vyral_143:
    Source on which you are basing this?
    My post was quite self-explanatory I would have thought.

Unfortunately, considering all this, there's some chance that Hong Kong could cancel 14 day pre-registration for Indians. They might get a nudge from Beijing to do so. It would be natural since India has made it difficult for HKers to visit now. Although the vast majority of travellers are Indian nationals or of Indian origin.

And while this is going on, two new Indian airlines are starting flights from Delhi to Hong Kong. Vistara and IndiGo.
    Last edited by shree711; 29-09-2023 at 03:29 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast