Like Tree107Likes

2024 US Primary

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10

Very sorry to hear about your cancer diagnosis. For what it's worth, a family friend had been diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer, and decided to receive full treatment in HK's public hospital system, and is now several years cancer-free. The care in HK was excellent. It was all very efficient as well. The costs for her as an HKer were next to nothing compared to what it probably would have cost in the US.

I now live in the US (VERY unfortunately) and a $5,000 deducible is now considered LOW... Now they are typically 7.5k+. I think I have the short end of the stick because I'm self employed, and so my insurance is not tied to a company. I pay over $300 USD a month for a $6,000 deductible and the insurance plan covers NOTHING UNTIL I hit that deducible...

I prefer to live here with 0 health insurance because it's simply not worth it to me. The only reason I got it was to cover my pregnancy/hospital bill giving birth. Of which, the hospital is billing over $50,000 USD for, and the insurance keeps trying to deny the claim. It was a normal, uncomplicated birth. LOL! I hate living here.

SirNotAppearing and newhkpr like this.

Quote Originally Posted by axama:
    I pay over $300 USD a month for a $6,000 deductible and the insurance plan covers NOTHING UNTIL I hit that deducible... .
    I hate that disingenuous shit they do only to fool you into thinking you are paying less. Effectively this is a $800/month insurance plan. But that sounds like omg it's too expensive. Let's call it (300*12+6000)/12! Look ma! So much cheaper, right!
    axama likes this.

Assume that its Biden vs Trump in 2024, and calculate the total age of Biden and Trump at the time of 2024 election:
    Joe Biden: 82 years old.
    Donald Trump: 78 years old.
    The total age of both candidates in 2024 would be 82 + 78 = 160 years.

The highest ever in US history.
    US doesn't find any young leaders now a day.

It is 179 years since the 10th president - John Tyler - finished his term. Still has a living grandson - a decade older than Biden/Trump.

Name:  Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 12.55.02 PM.png
Views: 73
Size:  78.2 KB

Classy lot some of these Trumpy folks...

In the raucous crowd at the event for “Women for Nikki,” a core group of Haley supporters and advisers, Bhavna Vasudeva, a 56-year-old Indian American broker who has known Haley for 30 years, paused from dancing to “Radio Ga Ga” to tell the story of her appearance on Fox News the day before. After advocating for Haley, she stepped off the air to find her phone blowing up with texts from MAGA die-hards. “They were calling me every kind of four-letter word,” she said.

I looked at the texts.
    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/nikk...illary-clinton

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10