Like Tree10Likes

UK elections

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Not sure they are voting FOR anything but against.
    That's bound to end up happily

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    It sounds like people are voting for higher taxes and an expanded bureaucracy?
    The Tories have been responsible for their fair share of tax hikes including increasing VAT to 20% (which hurts the poor more) and increasing corporation tax to 25%, which is higher than most EU countries now, and increasing National Insurance a few years ago. On the other side they have also been privatising public services and cutting essential services. The average person has a higher tax burden now than under the previous government and less to show for it.

I'm not particularly a Labour fan but there is a de-facto two-party system and it's time for a change.
    GentleGeorge and shri like this.

The Tories are worse than Labour ended up and worse than the Tories were prior to that. Reform and the Greens are doing Labour a massive favour but the inevitable would have happened anyway.

The problem with tax isn’t how high it is, it’s how it is spent (or misspent). At least two terms of Labour to come and much as I abhor them there no credible alternative. Note I’m not a blue either.

Two rats leaving the sinking ship

https://news.sky.com/story/tory-mp-n...bX-UMxXDMf-VlL

And Starmer avoided the high road and welcomed then. Esp when one of them had supported a head of lettuce.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    And Starmer avoided the high road and welcomed then. Esp when one of them had supported a head of lettuce.
    I think they should resign and have a by-election.

Looks like it was not a popular move to welcome just about anyone.. I guess he is trying too hard to appear to be a centrist of sorts

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...talie-elphicke

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3