Like Tree5Likes

NHS: Pros / Cons / Benefits Etc...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

NHS: Pros / Cons / Benefits Etc...

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueUserName:
    Thank you for that PM
    ArrynField :-)

"[FONT="]The government has published [/FONT]guidance for UK nationals living abroad[FONT="], including actions you need to take to return to the UK from the country you currently live in. "

But when you click on [/FONT]
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/living-in-hong-kong , there is no info about "actions you need to take to return to the UK" on that page, so I've left feedback.

The assumption people might reasonably make is to revise the residency test usually used for tax purposes. However, that's an assumption.

This page is more helpful:
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/using-the-nhs-when-you-return-to-live-in-the-uk
    I wasn't asked for anything when I went to the GP when returning to the UK nor at the hospital

Yes, I think them not tightening up on this is losing the UK hundreds of millions of pounds from health tourists....

Quote Originally Posted by becomjapanHK:
    Yes, I think them not tightening up on this is losing the UK hundreds of millions of pounds from health tourists....
    I actually don’t blame any of the political parties on this matter. I’m pretty sure it was Blunkett that finally scrapped the ID scheme which would have linked to the health and benefit systems (National Insurance number). This would have cut down misuse by a significant amount but it wasn’t a popular move to say the least. I was also in the anti camp until I settled in HK. I still don’t think it would be too late to revisit and surely it would be a heck of a lot simpler to implement than the difficulties faced 20 years plus back

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    I actually don’t blame any of the political parties on this matter. I’m pretty sure it was Blunkett that finally scrapped the ID scheme which would have linked to the health and benefit systems (National Insurance number). This would have cut down misuse by a significant amount but it wasn’t a popular move to say the least. I was also in the anti camp until I settled in HK. I still don’t think it would be too late to revisit and surely it would be a heck of a lot simpler to implement than the difficulties faced 20 years plus back
    I never understood the resistance to a national ID, it makes life so much easier for everyone

To be fair I was there with my wife and three kids who were enrolled in local schools so it would have been just bureaucracy to insist on all the documents to prove I was resident.

Sure....butthat is just your situation......!!

Sure....butthat is just your situation......!!
    To be honest I would rather increase NHS spending by 0.3% than have people dying through lack treatment especially when some of those were eligible for free treatment but bureaucracy led to their deaths.

https://lowdownnhs.info/explainers/h...loid-creation/

Sure.....but the NHS management of funds relating to health outcomes is already pretty terrible. If I was a UK taxpayer I would be pretty resentful of the huge inefficiencies of the use of funds in general.....looking at the roads, nfs and other parts of the infrastructure, everything seems to be falling apart...

.....even this week there seems to be reports of thousands of needless deaths due to A&E waiting times.......

.....even this week there seems to be reports of thousands of needless deaths due to A&E waiting times.......
    What happened other than a long weekend? Last year's average was 250 a week. 1000s seems quite a jump in numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    What happened other than a long weekend? Last year's average was 250 a week. 1000s seems quite a jump in numbers.
    I think he means the report was this week not the deaths

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast