View Poll Results: If someone invents something while working inother country, whose invention is it?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • The nationality of the invention depends on the nationality of the person who invented it

2 50.00%
  • The nationality of the invention depends on the country where it was invented

2 50.00%

Origin of invention?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

So is Basketball an American or Canadian sport? It was invented in America by a Canadian. Hmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Safran:
    Exactly. For this particular question, THERE IS NO CORRECT ANSWER!! It's just a matter of opinion, and people might have different opinions. So chill out and stop being so competitive, my next poll is going to be "who is the only real god"?
    Perhaps the smartness of Timklip and Safran could direct me to polls that are undertaken not to find out something factual in relation to the question asked? My reflection is no help in this quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    And why would you want to regurgitate that debate ? A topic, in various forms, that got flogged to death on this forum about 12 months ago !
    My comment was a sarcastic reaction to Boris' "So ....... you go to the trouble of asking questions but have no interest in the correct answer." The question "who is the only real god" is one where everybody (except Boris and you, surely) might have an answer, but nobody knows what is the CORRECT answer. Sorry I am too smart for you. Next time I know you will read the thread I will explain it better, with examples, etc. In the meantime, you are welcome not to post on this thread. There are many others you can "contribute" to.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris:
    Perhaps the smartness of Timklip and Safran could direct me to polls that are undertaken not to find out something factual in relation to the question asked? My reflection is no help in this quest.
    If I want something factual I check out Wikipedia, and don't start a poll. The whole point of a poll is to check people's opnions. Think about it.

If you are unable to have an opinion about something asked in a poll I would kindly suggest you stop wasting your time on that poll and check other threads instead. Thank you very much. Have a nice Chinese New Year.

Perhaps the smartness of Timklip and Safran could direct me to polls that are undertaken not to find out something factual in relation to the question asked?
    Here's one with little effort...its about people's opinions, or do you read it as whichever choice has the higher number of selections, will turn out to be the truth? You must be queen of the sheep flock.

http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread38273.html

My reflection is no help in this quest.
    That doesn't surprise me in the least.

Timklip and Safran appear to be " alters " of the same body.
    Split personalities seem to be in vogue at the moment and I hope they get back on their medication soon.

Oh and as for the poll Timkip has pointed out. Its option based on analysis of published FACTS !!!!!! There has to be some element of fact to have any worth in a poll. IE - who is the better author?
    A) Enid Blyton B) Tom Clancy C) Emily Bronte. Personal view of different styles. BUT BASED ON ACTUAL PUBLICATIONS !!!

Get well soon boys.

ffs boris, the question in your poll can never have a "correct' answer, so what's the point in asking people? Do you go to the trouble of asking questions but have no interest in the correct answer?
    (In case you forgot you doddering old twit, those were YOUR posts #14 and #16 lol)

Split personalities seem to be in vogue at the moment and I hope they get back on their medication soon.

Oh and as for the poll Timkip has pointed out. Its option based on analysis of published FACTS !!!!!! There has to be some element of fact to have any worth in a poll. IE - who is the better author?
    A) Enid Blyton B) Tom Clancy C) Emily Bronte. Personal view of different styles. BUT BASED ON ACTUAL PUBLICATIONS !!!

Get well soon boys.
    For a 50+ mature (or not), your arguments/accusations go without justifications, making you appear very childish in this particular thread (which is very not like your usual self, as i have read your other posts and found them often useful or insightful. However this time you have disappointed me).

The thread was a pretty weak statement to begin with but you didnt have to play it low...

Get well soon boys.
    Boris, you never give up, do you?

What is the correct answer in the poll about the best author? If I prefer B and you prefer C I guess one of us is wrong by preferring that author? You are a very confused old man, if you think that polls are made to find the correct answer. Polls are made to gauge people's opinions, that's all.

As for Timklip and myself being " alters " of the same body...

You look like the reincarnation of jimbo yourself. Both of you never want to give up, and when you realise you are wrong and don't make any sense you still come up with sillier and sillier statements to try to prove that you are right.

I hope you make more sense at work than you do here. Unless, of course, these posts were made by your 3 year old son?

Quote Originally Posted by LJ_ian:
    For a 50+ mature (or not), your arguments/accusations go without justifications, making you appear very childish in this particular thread (which is very not like your usual self, as i have read your other posts and found them often useful or insightful. However this time you have disappointed me).

The thread was a pretty weak statement to begin with but you didnt have to play it low...
    LOL... Boris, thanks for the red blob.
    I underestimated you (or in the words of Bush: misunderestimated), I cant believe you gave me a red reputation when I made a fair judgement about you. Oh well, at least you have proven my point about you being childish

No it wasn't Boris that gave you the red blob it was myself this time.
    Boris just made a point about how ridiculous this whole thread was and yourself and Safran just confirmed it thats all.

Safran AKA Pinko brought me into this discussion when I had nor wanted any interest in this just by mentioning me when he had no rhyme or reason to.