Morgan Stanley CEO

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Erhhh in the case of the french bank I seriously doubt that the bonuses from the bankers are paid by the tax payer money but whatever....
    Erhhh- where do you think the bail out money is coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by Sigga:
    Isn't capital spending exactly what the economy needs at this point?
    Give me 70 billion and I'll get the economy back on track!

- As bankers would also agree, its all about stats and probability. If 80% of bankers are wankers..... too bad for the 20% who are not.

- Lifes never fair on an individual basis. You have to bear responsibility for your organization as a whole as well. If I am working my ass off for my company (which does not happen to be one that can be bailed out) and it closes because of no fault of mine... will I get a bonus.. I dont think so even though I might deserve it.

So can't agree with MovingIn's rationale.

Quote Originally Posted by krypton:
    - As bankers would also agree, its all about stats and probability. If 80% of bankers are wankers..... too bad for the 20% who are not.

- Lifes never fair on an individual basis. You have to bear responsibility for your organization as a whole as well. If I am working my ass off for my company (which does not happen to be one that can be bailed out) and it closes because of no fault of mine... will I get a bonus.. I dont think so even though I might deserve it.

So can't agree with MovingIn's rationale.
    Exactly- I know people who have lost their jobs and had nothing to do with banking and all they want is their salary- even 70% of it, never mind expecting a bonus!

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    I know a couple of Morgan Stanley bankers who have been working for 3 or more years on the sale of Singapore assets, which finally finished this year. They worked damn hard for years waiting for the process to finally start and it's not their fault it finished (and so bonuses would be paid) this year. I'm sure there are plenty of idiots in the IB's who deserve your criticism, but the global banker-bashing is a sweeping generalisation that does not take into account individual situations, nor the level of idiocy of the folks who took out mortgages they could not afford or people who purchased packaged derivatives they did not understand.
    Don't these people get salaries? Why do they think that they should get a bonus as a matter of course, whether their companies make a profit or not? Bankers are the only ones that expect that every single year. I also work my ass off, but I don't expect a bonus this year, next year or never. I am paid a salary, and that's all I get. Why should it be any different for bankers?

Insulting wont bring anything to the discussion - and that works both ways....

Which post specifically was an insult?

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Insulting wont bring anything to the discussion - and that works both ways....
    Yep?? I consider that the thread is quite peaceful.. Even Safran has lost his red CNY color

Maybe it's because everybody agree except MovingIn

Hope some people haven't spent the bonus yet.
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...g-wall-street/

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    I know a couple of Morgan Stanley bankers who have been working for 3 or more years on the sale of Singapore assets, which finally finished this year. They worked damn hard for years waiting for the process to finally start and it's not their fault it finished (and so bonuses would be paid) this year. I'm sure there are plenty of idiots in the IB's who deserve your criticism, but the global banker-bashing is a sweeping generalisation that does not take into account individual situations, nor the level of idiocy of the folks who took out mortgages they could not afford or people who purchased packaged derivatives they did not understand.
    the power stations ?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast