Like Tree2Likes

Man dies after being shot by policeman

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by aussiegal:
    But then he wouldn't have been doing his job would he? You are supposed to produce ID when asked by a police officer. Are you now suggesting we can say no and expect them to walk away?

What if that guy then went on to harm someone?
    The cop's decision to try to restrain the man alone was clearly a bad one. It ended with the homeless man dying. I think the cop must regret it too. The worst case scenario happened - the guy fought back and the cop wasn't able to control him.

This is the reason why they do ID stops in groups of 2 or more.

What if the guy went on to harm someone?
    What if he went on to open a cattery? What if he went on to have fried slugs and onions for supper? What if he went on to find to find a piece of rubber in an blood orange that was tangentially yet definitely related to a thatcher's wife who happened to witness the Battle of Waterloo? You get my point.

I am shocked and disgusted! Why shoot the guy in the head? He could have shot him in the leg. Where are we? In the US?

This is murder! The policeman should be hanged as an example to all the others!

The sheer numbers of police on the street is likely the major reason for the street safety enjoyed here in HK as well as that the local populace do not seem at all over charged with testosterone. Also, you don't get them all screaming about their rights like we do in North America.

Rudy Guiliani made his name in New York as Mayor by cleaning up Manhattan with his tough policy on everything from graffiti to broken windows to garbage removal.

What this was based on was the "Broken Windows" idea of renowned public safety commentator James Wilson. The idea is that if you tolerated broken windows, then more would happen. If you eliminated begging, squeegee folks, public urinating, etc, you would have a better foundation on which to build a safer community.

What I have always wondered about Manhattan and how safe it was, was where did these guys all go to. I think they were driven elsewhere leading to others having problems but it did make Manhattan very, very safe.

USA Today has just called Vancouver "the supermodel of North American cities," but many tourists and residents see other major social problems and lots of shootings this year. One person on the net commented that like a supermodel her beauty is skin deep, she's expensive and has a drug problem!

The police are highly trained and for most part do a good job but there simply is no longer enough of them given the drug fueled crimes, gangs and guns. You can shoot a guy on the street there as the police are stretched too thin.

Some of Vancouver and Canada's problems came from lack of services to those with drug problems and the government's theory of putting the mentally ill in the community. It is a great theory but it ain't working as they either turn to crime or they are the victims of drug addicts in the downtown eastside of Vancouver.

Court sentences are lax but the public don't want to pay for more jails,etc and we now have US style justice where one wrong issue leads to a criminal going free. Miranda style - you forget to read them their rights, they walk. It is now like that in Canada.

HK is an isolated cut-off place with strong borders too so that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Safran:
    I am shocked and disgusted! Why shoot the guy in the head? He could have shot him in the leg. Where are we? In the US?

Can somebody please stop this moron?

>> Can somebody please stop this moron?

Call the cops and report some public nuisance.

Quote Originally Posted by Safran:

Have you ever use a gun with being heat by a chair ? that totally different than playing PS3 from your sofa you know !

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    >> Can somebody please stop this moron?

Call the cops and report some public nuisance.
    But make sure they wait for the back up. This sounds like a dangerous situation to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Football16:
    But make sure they wait for the back up. This sounds like a dangerous situation to me.
    He does sound like a nutcase !

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Can somebody please stop this moron?
    Couldn't have said it better myself. LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    >> And next thread will be about a man died because the cops tazed him !

Send all the cops to the Shaolin temple for six months then.
    The Shaolin temple is now basically a theme park for tourists. I know someone who trained up there for six months, day and night, and then got knocked out by a British guy who learned to fight in bars. It only took one good punch for him to hit the floor. lol

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast