Like Tree2Likes

Man dies after being shot by policeman

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast

with the number of civil servants being paid t send their kids to UK schools perhaps it is time to implement an overseas training program for cops... Shaolin.. UK bars..
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Can somebody please stop this moron?
    We should ignore him - he's just an attention seeker.

Quote Originally Posted by Safran:
    I am shocked and disgusted! Why shoot the guy in the head? He could have shot him in the leg. Where are we? In the US?

This is murder! The policeman should be hanged as an example to all the others!
    I think we should put things into perspective here.

If someone attacks me with a chair do you think I have the right to shoot him in the head?

What about if someone throws me a book?

I don't think so either.

And if I don't have the right to do so, why should a policeman have the right to do so? Do you think that policemen are above the law, and the law that applies to "normal people" doesn't apply to them? Personally, I think that they are WELL BELOW the law, and they are the first and foremost who have to respect the law. Also, the law should be much much much stricter with them than with anybody else, because they are supposed to give the example of how people should respect the law!

Or do you think that a driving instructor should be allowed to speed? No, the law should be stricter for driving instructors.

So I repeat, this is murder and he should be hung!

One last thing: it's funny how I got two red-good-luck blobs and one green blob for my comment, but nobody dares openly saying that they agree with me. It's funny the psychology of these boards. If one is supposed to be unpopular, nobody dares saying they agree with him.

I have no problem with you. I just don't agree with your opinion. I didn't give you any dots--the only dots I gave on this thread were green ones. I know I and other people could use a chair to kill someone--it just takes a little knowledge about how to use one effectively (or just blind luck). The cop stopped a threat that could have potentially been lethal.

I think we should put things into perspective here.

If someone attacks me with a chair do you think I have the right to shoot him in the head?

I don't think so either.

And if I don't have the right to do so, why should a policeman have the right to do so? Do you think that policemen are above the law, and the law that applies to "normal people" doesn't apply to them? Personally, I think that they are WELL BELOW the law, and they are the first and foremost who have to respect the law. Also, the law should be much much much stricter with them than with anybody else, because they are supposed to give the example of how people should respect the law!

Or do you think that a driving instructor should be allowed to speed? No, the law should be stricter for driving instructors.

So I repeat, this is murder and he should be hung!

One last thing: it's funny how I got two red-good-luck blobs and one green blob for my comment, but nobody dares openly saying that they agree with me. It's funny the psychology of these boards. If one is supposed to be unpopular, nobody dares saying they agree with him.

What about if someone is spreading malicious rumours about an impending bank closure?

Well you are not able to red-blob me as you have far too many reds yourself, but thanks for the grey one anyway with the comment "Your point?"

My point is that people react in different ways to different situations - you proved yourself not so level headed in the situation I mentioned.

But maybe, just this once (although asking a bit much I know according to past experience) you can answer one question (although I am in all honesty not expecting an answer....).

What do you believe the line is in a policeman pulling and using his gun - what merits this action? Bear in mind this action can be lethal.

And spare me any crap about shooting in legs, etc, unless you have ever had a gun in your hands and a moving target you will never know just how difficult it can be to get a precise shot.

I am shocked and disgusted! Why shoot the guy in the head? He could have shot him in the leg. Where are we? In the US?

This is murder! The policeman should be hanged as an example to all the others!
    You make me want to turn Republican.

Police are trained to shoot for center of mass as it gives them the best chance of hitting their target. There's none of this shooting legs or head crap. You discharge a gun because you have no other recourse, and if you're forced to fire, you're sure as hell going to shoot until they're down.

Jay, Jakay, Krad: You're forgetting the old adage- never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, and then beat you with experience.

MovingIn was entirely correct. If you've paid attention to the general quality of Safran's posts before, you'll realise that either he's either a few cha siu short of a bao, or he's a remarkably skilled troller desperately seeking attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Football16:
    Rudy Guiliani made his name in New York as Mayor by cleaning up Manhattan with his tough policy on everything from graffiti to broken windows to garbage removal.

What this was based on was the "Broken Windows" idea of renowned public safety commentator James Wilson. The idea is that if you tolerated broken windows, then more would happen. If you eliminated begging, squeegee folks, public urinating, etc, you would have a better foundation on which to build a safer community.

What I have always wondered about Manhattan and how safe it was, was where did these guys all go to. I think they were driven elsewhere leading to others having problems but it did make Manhattan very, very safe.
    There is another, completely different and refreshingly non-PC, argument from NYC becoming safer that was presented in the wonderfully readable pop-economics book Freakonomics.

If I recall correctly, the decline in crime was something that was mirrored in other major US cities, and came 20 years after abortion was legalised in the US. The argument being that kids were less likely to be born into disadvantaged situations and hence become more likley to turn to crime later in life.

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast