Like Tree2Likes

Man dies after being shot by policeman

Closed Thread
Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 26 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Is there a way to do this? I'd love to know how ... imploring people to ignore him just seems to result in red blobs - well, grey from Safran himself but at least he signed it, unlike the the other moron.
    I think there's a way in the control panel.

Movingin07, this was Safran's comment to me when he gave me a nice grey dot - "My question was "If someone threatens me with a chair, do you think I have the right to shoot him in the head?" ME, ME, ME, ME!!!! NOT A FUCKING POLICE OFFICER, BUT ME, A PRIVATE FUCKING CITIZEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN'T YOU READ THE QUESTION?????????".

There's nothing worse than an arrogant ignoramous. But there's also nothing quite as amusing...

Always find it amusing to see people try to use big words that they can't spell...it's somewhat ironic in this case because of the actual word used.

Last edited by gilleshk; 20-03-2009 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aussiegal:
    I think there's a way in the control panel.
    OK - I found an "ignore" list - not sure what it does, but I guess I can see.....

Gilles, I guess 55,000 other google entries using the same spelling are also wrong.

Either way you want to spell it the meaning is clear.

Is it color or colour?

Gilles, I guess 55,000 other google entries using the same spelling are also wrong.
    actually...YES! lol...since only one is a dictionary hit and it's Urban Dictionary ffs! oh...and if you look REALLY close, the first hit is 'Did you mean ignoramus'...that SHOULD be a clue (or for you 'clew'), that you got it wrong...

at any rate...this thread has obviously run its course hasn't it...sad when that happens

Movingin07, this was Safran's comment to me when he gave me a nice grey dot - "My question was "If someone threatens me with a chair, do you think I have the right to shoot him in the head?" ME, ME, ME, ME!!!! NOT A FUCKING POLICE OFFICER, BUT ME, A PRIVATE FUCKING CITIZEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN'T YOU READ THE QUESTION?????????".

There's nothing worse than an arrogant ignoramous. But there's also nothing quite as amusing...
    I think in a similar situation, I would be justified in using lethal force if I couldn't handle the situation unarmed, although I know someone who got a chair wrapped around him in the US who then shot and killed someone significantly larger than him and got a lengthy jail term. Still, he survived, and you know what they say--it's better to be judged by twelve (a jury) than carried by six (pallbearers).

Admittedly, my acquaintance had managed to back away to his car and could have driven away and called the police, but he was defending his mother who was being battered by her boyfriend and he didn't want to take a chance. What made it worse for him was that he ran to a friend's house and tried to wash the residue from the firearm discharge off himself which made the situation look a lot worse.

In retrospect, he should have kept the gun on the guy and called the cops, but this was in a state which requires permits for handguns, and his was unregistered. Still, he would have been better off with a weapons charge than a murder rap, but the guy he shot could have hurt his mom while he was in jail. Every situation's different and life isn't black and white.
    Last edited by jayinhongkong; 21-03-2009 at 09:36 AM.

Either way you want to spell it the meaning is clear.

Is it color or colour?
    That's funny and you can't even recognize your mistake. Even better!!! Indeed the meaning is clear

i just have time to read a few pages of this thread before jumping in.

i think this policeman was not skillful to handle a case like this in many ways. In fact, i prefer to use the word "stupid" to describe him.

He had made a trivial case into a tragedy.

That poor man, RIP.

a related discussion in a Chinese forum

Quote Originally Posted by Vrindavan:
    i just have time to read a few pages of this thread before jumping in.

i think this policeman was not skillful to handle a case like this in many ways. In fact, i prefer to use the word "stupid" to describe him.

He had made a trivial case into a tragedy.

That poor man, RIP.

a related discussion in a Chinese forum

Skillful or not, he was put in that situation and had to deal with it immediately. What was he suppose to do? tell the assailant to hold on while he practice some moves on the sidewalk?

Closed Thread
Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 26 ... LastLast