Like Tree2Likes

Man dies after being shot by policeman

Closed Thread
Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 29 ... LastLast

finally, let the poor soul have some peace and closure.

better wait until the police investigate report is out or other pending action is finished.

Quote Originally Posted by aussiegal:
    Police officers are given the authority to make such important life/death decisions on the spot. Their mandate is to protect the peace, to protect the citizens, not to protect armed crazies. I wonder how you would have felt if the police officer had decided to let the man walk away and he then attacked you or a loved one?

I'm surprised that people think being attacked by a chair is no big deal. If the police officer was indeed on the ground, had already tried pepper spray and using his baton what else could he have done? This is not tv. The police officer was not Jackie Chan.

It's all very unfortunate but it happens.

Firstly there is the video which clearly proves that Policeman was not in too danger that he has to fire. Check this out [video=youtube;aJ5zie-GyS0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlErqSFnn7s]YouTube - ???????????????????[/url] . This video is all over the news. How or who uploaded this video so far we dont know. BUT as far video goes there are so many reasons that the policeman was atleast unprofessional. Those people who assumes that he used metal chair. [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ5zie-GyS0&feature=related[/video] This will prove what kind of weapon he used to attack. Those who thinks that he is 6 feet tall check this page ???? ?????? ??? ????? ??????? ???? ???????? ???? ????????? ?????? ?????? ?????? (News update..) He is really a short and thin than the policeman. By the way every newspaper or media have different stories and the reports are only from police not from true investigation.

Most of the ethnic minorities who live in HK doesnt speak chinese and most of the police know that very very well. And these policeman knows about ethnic minorities. like what race people live in HK or come to work in Hong Kong. more than 60% HK people even dont know what kind of people live in HK as in ethnic minorities. They dont really care. But myself has lived many countries but most of them seems to know many things about the culture and races who live in their country. I am not being funny and I am not being ignorant and I love Hong Kong and this is my home but you can ask any HK people you just meet outside.

Before this incident happen there were several complains about that guy (Changing clothes in the park and making his resting place all the time) but there wasnt any complains about he being abusing in physically or verbally. I am not making this up. This is also the report from the newspaper. And also he wasnot carrying any weapon with him.

[url=http://www.hknepal.com/hknews/?p=655]हङकङ समाचार तथा विविध जानकारी

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Mundo:
    You're right, the man is not alive to tell his side of the story. But you are assuming that police knew ahead of time that he was a dangerous character. In which case yes, there are many other ways the police could have dealt with him. But this was not the case. For the police officer involved, it was probably just a routine ID check that he's done many times... only this time it turned violent and he HAD TO REACT. That is... if what we know is actually what had happened, of course.

There were numerous complain from the residence about him urinating and changing clothed before (police officer said) Yau ma tei and Jordan has many homeless people, Every police in Hong Kong knows that. So I think any police who patrols these area should always be in pair or be very cautious if not then they are taking chances or being negligence. So I think thats unprofessional.
    Last edited by Jotamoo; 27-03-2009 at 10:29 PM.

The deceased's brother is here from England. There's going to be a protest in Central on Sunday--they're demanding a full investigation into the shooting.

my view on this
    - perhaps the police action was justified in shooting the man however does the police have to fatally shoot dead the man in the head?

the police could have shot the man in the leg or the thigh or the arm to lessen the threat and just disable the man.

>> The deceased's brother is here from England. There's going to be a protest in Central on Sunday--they're demanding a full investigation into the shooting.

pls post more info about this if anyone know

Police probe begins over killing of homeless Nepalese
    (1 hr 19 mins ago)
    The brother of the homeless Nepalese who was gunned down on a hillside in Ho Man Tin 10 days ago has filed a complaint with the Complaints Against Police Office.

The office will investigate the incident and pass its conslusions to the Independent Police Complaints Council.

The consul-general of Nepal met Home Affairs Bureau officials to express concern over the shooting of the man by a police officer.

The consulate-general is also helping the daughter and wife of the man, Dil Bahadur Limbu, with visa arrangements.

A Nepalese group will stage a protest on Sunday.

STAFF REPORTER

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    Police probe begins over killing of homeless Nepalese
    (1 hr 19 mins ago)
    The brother of the homeless Nepalese who was gunned down on a hillside in Ho Man Tin 10 days ago has filed a complaint with the Complaints Against Police Office.

The office will investigate the incident and pass its conslusions to the Independent Police Complaints Council.

The consul-general of Nepal met Home Affairs Bureau officials to express concern over the shooting of the man by a police officer.

The consulate-general is also helping the daughter and wife of the man, Dil Bahadur Limbu, with visa arrangements.

A Nepalese group will stage a protest on Sunday.

STAFF REPORTER
    Dil Limbu was born in Hong Kong, and his brother is not sure if he spoke any Cantonese. It's possible he didn't speak it, but if he was working in construction here, there's a good possibility he spoke some at least.

Closed Thread
Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 29 ... LastLast