Like Tree2Likes

Man dies after being shot by policeman

Closed Thread
Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by m4nn:
    those side arms HK street police carry look like toys compared to what you see being carried as a side arm in london.
    Side arm carried by whom in London?

Regular beat cops here don't need the same arms as say an anti terrorist unit in Heathrow for example, You need to compare like for like.

Sheesh.

Regular police in England don't routinely carry guns!

>> unarmed Nepalese guy

This man is unfortunate in HK. Majority of local Chinese don't look at this case from different angles. And the most important fact that he is not Chinese, there are very few people supporting him.

Wish his wife has better luck in court next time.

Where was his wife when he was alive and homeless?

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    Where was his wife when he was alive and homeless?
    Back at home in Nepal, The husband probably worked in construction and shared a flat with others, once he started having problems thats when he probably drifted and became homeless and his wife wouldnt have known about it, I hear that his own younger brother is in the British army but even he wouldnt have known how bad his older brother was.

There are a bit too many probably in that answer...

I thought the guy was born in HK? How is Nepal still "home"?

I think wtbhotia is talking about the man's wife. It would not surprise me if he was unable to maintain his family in Hong Kong, so his wife and kids may have returned to Nepal.

>> It would not surprise me if he was unable to maintain his family in Hong Kong, so his wife and kids may have returned to Nepal.

or one partner is working overseas and the other is staying in home country.
    It is very common to many families.

I remember the news said this man is so poor, He has lost his HKID card in the past. And he did not get a replacement card right away may be due to not enough money to pay the processing fee.

And the cop asked for ID card and this man responded no. He walked away from the policeman. But the policeman shouted at him trying to stop him. Later he grabbed the Nepalese man on his shoulder first. The is the beginning of a fighting between two men.

Not sure about Nepal culture, is it very rude to hit a person's head or shoulder ?

One with a gun to dispose of, so the Nepalese man died in the end due to the shooting.