Like Tree2Likes

Man dies after being shot by policeman

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

>> A chair can obviously be used as a weapon.

So can your arms.

TheBrit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lolatlife:
    For Skyhook - that poor homeless guy is dead if you wouldn't mind to show some respects and just a little decency instead of kept calling these people - idiots!!
    O.K maybe we can basket case HK like your home land has, and give the criminals all the protection, at the expense of the victim ffs...

Hong Kong is safe, because A/ The police have a large percentage of respect by the citizens of HK ( Majority view ) B/ The HK police use up 60% of the HKSAR's budget, to give you an idea just how much priority is given to quality Policing/equipment/infrastructure etc... My brother in law was a member of the RHKPF, and I know a couple of active and retired members of uniform and CID.

Now you can always move back to your make believe world, and let the criminals go, so they can hurt someone else who isn't able to protect themselves...

There is a simple rule in Hong Kong, don't break laws that will force the police to draw their gun.

Do any of the delusional pro life of violent criminals, think that if this same crazy chair weilding guy attacked an on duty Brinks armoured car security guard, that he wouldn't have been blown to smithereens via their pump action shot guns... Its only money right ? Not worth inflicting a shot gun blast to the upper torso of the assailant, right ?

Wrong ! Obey Hong Kong laws, mind your own business, and you will never be put in a position where a member of Hong Kongs finest, will ever need to draw their gun on you....

Simple life rule that I seriously didn't think would need an explanation....
    Last edited by Skyhook; 18-03-2009 at 12:44 PM.

but for ME that still doesn't justify a person armed with wooden chair was shot in the head by a gun in a safe city like HK. Was it really necessary?
    This certainly implies you think being armed with a chair is no big deal.

Skyhook, Aussiegal: I am not questioning the police force, especially I don't have any relatives working in such powerful organizations so I am just speaking as a regular Hong Kong citizen who was born and raised here am Chinese and just came home recently after living in other countries an am really appreciate my home city as one of the safest city in the world, so am just really SHOCKED to see most of the people seem to agreed that homeless man deserved to DIE just because he was an illegal immigrant and armed with a chair. I do think he deserved to be taking in by the police force NO DOUBT about it but I am becoming very worried now living in HK, it doesn't seem as civilize as I thought.

You can send me inappropriate comments as much as you want, it does not bother me. I am just talking about how I think about the tragic incident and nothing personal.

so am just really SHOCKED to see most of the people seem to agreed that homeless man deserved to DIE just because he was an illegal immigrant and armed with a chair.
    He attacked a police officer with a chair not due to the fact he was an illegal immigrant and armed with a chair and could not be subdued using the pepper spray and the baton.

What else could he do? He was being attacked and he's got to just lie there and take it till backup arrives?

Skyhook, Aussiegal: so am just really SHOCKED to see most of the people seem to agreed that homeless man deserved to DIE just because he was an illegal immigrant and armed with a chair.
    I don't think anyone thought he deserved to die because he was an illegal immigrant.

I don't think anyone though he deserved to be shot JUST because he was armed with a chair, but rather because he was using the chair to attack a police officer.

I thought the video evidence (reported in the Standard, agreeing that this is not exactly a robust source) that he was being chased by the man was also pretty compelling. As was the fact he gave several warnings.

To be clear, I too would have preferred the outcome to have been different. But I do believe in supporting the police and so will need much more evidence that the policeman was in the wrong before I will condemn him.
    Last edited by MovingIn07; 18-03-2009 at 01:25 PM.

>> am just really SHOCKED to see most of the people seem to agreed
    >> that homeless man deserved to DIE just because he was an illegal
    >> immigrant and armed with a chair

lolatlife - I'm 100% with you on this issue. Regardless of him being a criminal or "armed with chair" ... (did the chair have arms?)

Regardless, there is supposed to be a video out there (?), let us see if this was a simple case of a policeman panicking.

Lets not forget, cops are human. They screw up just as often as criminals do.

It seems that the reason Hong Kong is safe is because the police are armed and well trained. Therefore, is it safe to assume that if the police were not armed or well trained Hong Kong would descend into chaos.

However, I'm a little puzzled as to why in some other countries there are high crime rates even though the police forces are well trained, funded and armed.

I do think he deserved to be taking in by the police force NO DOUBT about it but I am becoming very worried now living in HK, it doesn't seem as civilize as I thought.
    You might want to go on the HK Canto forums and see how long you last against HK citizens that have only ever lived here sweetie pie...An overwhelming majority are standing by the actions of the police, not the offender...

You really are in the extreme minority view, and i suggest, if you would prefer to live in the USA or UK, go for it, where you'll enjoy having your car broken into for a pack of cigarettes, or have your plasma tv stolen from your house while you are away on Holidays, or countless things that happen where you previously lived, that aren't common occurrences here, or don't even happen here..

I love living here in HK, the safety here is one of the outstanding highlights, a combination of a society that minds its own business when out in public, and a very visible, well trained/supported police force.
    Last edited by Skyhook; 18-03-2009 at 01:38 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast