Texas "declares independance"....

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Gov. Rick Perry: Texas Could Secede, Leave Union

It's from the Huffington Post, but still... makes you wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    >> Shri spend too much time on Drudgereport.

And politico, Wall Street Journal and Bloomberg. I refuse to go to CNN or Fox websites these days.... both are on the extreme ends of right and left.

From some of the followups, I have to agree that this guy is bit of a nutter... but I completely see his viewpoint.
    CNN on the far left? Wow.... It certainly has a liberal bias but it is definitely not on the far left.

Quote Originally Posted by reinkarnation:
    CNN on the far left? Wow.... It certainly has a liberal bias but it is definitely not on the far left.
    Are you kidding???? If it went any further left it would be on the right.

>> It certainly has a liberal bias but it is definitely not on the far left.

I gave up on them after Wolf Blitzer labeled the New Yorker as a Nazi magazine ... or something like that, over an Obama caricature.

I think I'm going to switch back to The Daily Show being my only source of news for the next week and seeing if it makes any difference.

[ame=http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=176628&title=obama-cartoon]Obama Cartoon | The Daily Show | Comedy Central[/ame]

I gave up on them after Wolf Blitzer labeled the New Yorker as a Nazi magazine ... or something like that, over an Obama caricature.
    You misunderstood Wolf Blitzer. What he meant is that if one had just seen the cover without knowing from which magazine it comes from, they would have thought that this is a neo-nazi magazine, but once you know it's the New Yorker (which doesn't exactly show FACTS on their covers e.g. a bunch of bears walking out of a zoo?!?!?!) one shouldn't be outraged.

And yes, the daily show is probably the most accurate news source you can get right now.

Though I think you watch Fox News, right?

Supplement it with the daily show, to put some perspective into the rubbish.

>>

I think I'm going to switch back to The Daily Show being my only source of news for the next week and seeing if it makes any difference.
    I like a BBC/Daily show mix. One is great comedy, the other a clear voice of reason and sanity in a world of bias. Respectively, of course...

You think the BBC doesn't have a bias? They are Sinophobic, and are way too politically correct when it comes to Africa/India.

Quote Originally Posted by chimo:
    You think the BBC doesn't have a bias? They are Sinophobic, and are way too politically correct when it comes to Africa/India.
    He meant that the BBC is a great comedy, and the Daily show is a clear voice of reason and sanity. I fully agree!!

Check out at 7:20

[ame=http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=224275&title=nationwide-tax-protests]Nationwide Tax Protests | The Daily Show | Comedy Central[/ame]

Eh, gotta not read this stuff in the morning... Coffee out the nose!