Unaccessable websites in China

Closed Thread

Unaccessable websites in China

Can't understand why China need to cut off access to Livejournal, Myspace and Facebook websites.

I was trying the whole day to log into Facebook in Dongguan but the site is not accessible. I have no problem last week to log into Facebook. Initially I thought my company block Facebook like they do for MSN Messenger.

China's golden shield project, like its other information control projects, can be quite effective. However, there are ways to get around it.

Use something like Tor to get past the firewall, then. If you're using a computer other than your own, you can download a portable version and put it on a USB key -- very simple!

Quote Originally Posted by gozilla:
    Can't understand why China need to cut off access to Livejournal, Myspace and Facebook websites.
    Why? Thought control.

gee... i'm not a computer expert. i hv download tor but can't figure out how to get it configure. any help on how i should do?

The Great Firewall of China prefers that you not have access to information that you aren't authorized to see.
    It's for your own safety, stop trying to access everything and just be harmonious. Nothing more important than harmony and you can take the government's word on that!

yay!!! i got it!!

And you sound harmonious. Very good, citizen.