F1 - Shummy returns

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

F1 - Shummy returns

Formula One news: Official: Schumacher returns to replace Massa - GPUpdate.net Formula One

Should boost the income for the upcoming Valencia race which is reported to have poor ticket sales.

Have to say F1 seems to be going through a bit of an identity crisis at present, and there is more going on off the track than actually on the track. Also now with BMW leaving and the potential of a few other car makers bailing on F1, wonder if its going to be the sport it used to be.

From what I've been reading the newer tracks have have been brought in over the past few years have not been as popular as anticipated.....

The STICK is coming back wonder how the ratings for top gear will go

i think schumacher will be crap tho... the ferrari isnt that great, hes not allowed to do any testing or practice in the car (due to FIA rules) and he hasnt raced in 3 years, he had a recent injury from motorcycling which may affect his movement, hmmm... it all leads towarsd a big anti-climax!

but still good to see him back against the young upstarts tho...

MS won't be as fit as he would be driving his ferrari f1. But, he could make a spark if he starts winning.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

Well at least one practically impossible match up is on the cards
    HAMILTON GETS HIS WISH TO RACE SCHUMACHER | Sporting Life | Gemma Spofforth, World Swimming Championships, Athletics, MotoGP

But will the old warhorse still have the fire in the belly fully stoked up, I wonder?

He has more than 3 weeks to get acquainted with the new car set up and can do that on the factory simulator. Ferrari have their own track and although can't use the 2009 car, they CAN use the 2008 because testing on refers to present specs. Therefore, he can get " up to speed " in literal terms, on speed and G force loadings without the danger of him just turning up and making an arse of himself.

Never write of the Miester and remember he has such a high level of natural ability he can get the best out of any car he is sat in. Just remember his time at Benetton. Dog of a car, hell of a driver.

I really hope Schumi will still be driving in the SIN race. I am going and this would really make my day/weekend :-) then

Massa will be out the rest of the season so its highly likely he will be there.

It's a big risk for him and it's not as if he needs the money. I know the door would always have been open but the chance to go back this time has arisen because of a serious accident (he was already lucky enough to make a full recovery after Silverstone in 1999) and how's he going to like it if he's outpaced by any of the other drivers?

Whatever happens, I'm sure he'll get off to a better start than Mansell - at least he'll fit in the car!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast