Goodbye Keith Floyd

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by apple&dog:
    he die of cancer. according to the standard
    You really need to improve your English reading comprehension if you're going to make any useful contributions here.

The Standard article is headlined "Flamboyant TV chef Floyd dies of heart attack".

(Yes he was apparently suffering from cancer, but then most men over 65 are (prostate being the most common), and that wasn't what got him in the end.)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT6iRaZ-VeA"]YouTube - Sherry Strong and Ian Parmenter talk about Farmer's Markets[/ame]

For those of you who enjoy Keith Floyds approach, Australia's equivalent is Ian Parmenter, an ex Brit who moved to Australia in the early 1970's, has a very similar cooking TV show called Consuming Passions, produced by ABCTV. Unfortunately I couldn't find one of his cooking clips online, but he shares a very similar on screen presence / passion to what Keith possessed.

Good old Floyd! The only one of them who seemed to like cooking. The only one who was enjoyable to watch, and not just tolerable.

I really liked his cookery shows because he cooked unpretentious delicious looking native food.

Not really adding anything new here, but just wanna say "thanks Keith, for making me laugh all these years".

Not the best chef (far from it!), but the most charming (albeit a tad slurry) presenter who hasn't got the sort of ego that most telly chefs have these days, who brought us the most honest and strangely addictive food shows ever.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

I will also remember him as
    old plastered and cooking with mustard oil
    something he was amazed to find himself doing in his final series

Floyd's India - Kolkata - 视频 - 优酷视频 - 在线观看 - documentary

Nowadays, kids love Fast food.!!

Aww what a shame... RIP Mr. Floyd. You will be missed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2