Letterman Blackmailed

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Letterman Blackmailed

David Letterman foils $2m sex blackmail plot

Heard about this and saw the clip on another forum.

Good that the 'issue' was 'sorted' quite swiftly - and with his characteristic DRY slant and, er... flair. And straight on US late-night telly, too. Sign o' the times...

Got that one out of the way ~ move on.

CBS has reclaimed its video.

He hasn't been married long to be serially cheating on his wife.

Edit: Oh, I see that he cheated on her before they were married but while together. If that's an improvement.

Last edited by Sigga; 07-10-2009 at 04:39 PM.

Double post. Isn't it Friday yet?

Last edited by Sigga; 07-10-2009 at 05:01 PM.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

Mission Accomplished!!!

Almost nothing pisses me off more then someone pulling a video from the public domain.
    It took me all of twenty seconds to get this

UpVideo.nl - David Letterman blackmailed for $2 million

cheating is wrong, blackmail is wrong - 2 wrongs don't make a right.

maybe Letterman did this on purpose to boost his ratings?

Hello? Letterman doesn't need to boost his ratings.

He is consistently one of the top two late show hosts, the other being Leno, but since Leno went into the prime time slot and hasn't changed anything about his show (except the actual set) I would say Letterman tops Leno. But that's just my biased opinion, as a Letterman fan, and is perhaps beside the point.

My point is, being up there in the ratings regardless of controversies, I don't think Letterman needs to, or indeed does engage in publicity stunts for the purpose of scoring a one-up on Leno. He just doesn't care for that.

This may have incidentally boosted his ratings, but I have to admire the way in which he handled this mess, no doubt with help from his team at CBS. It could have been uglier had he opted for the Martha Stewart defence.

Hong Kong stars and advisors could take a page out of Letterman's book on how he handled this one at least so far.

He is out ahead of the story and while he says it is "chilly" at home his ratings are now fire-engine hot and he is looking like the victim here despite 'dipping his quill in the company ink well'. Of course it is his own company where the employee guidelines don't mention this issue apparently of boss - subordinate sex. CBS were he their employee would have required him to disclose to his boss his 'dipping' behavior.

You have to admire his guts for going public and getting this guy charged.

His recovery jokes on the Monday night were pretty funny as he went from apologizing for the hurt he caused and how he didn't think through the Thursday night revelations as to how they might impact the staff, etc. You bet he did think it through. It was brilliant, masterful and designed to win friends and keep his gig alive.

He said things like it was chilly outside and inside his house and it was so bad for him that the Navigator woman in his vehicle wasn't talking to him either.

I gather from the stories that the one woman's diaries will likely be revealed and they are very, very steamy and descriptive allegedly. If you are going to do this, don't write notes or diaries and no photos.

Last edited by Football16; 08-10-2009 at 02:50 PM.

Good on him - the only way you can beat blackmailers is to take away their leverage over you by coming clean. Otherwise, they just come back for more and more. All blackmailers should be chained upside down by their genitals

Quote Originally Posted by Football16:
    Some stuff that has entirely disappeared!
    I'm reasonably convinced that she's doing a Paris Hilton - if she weren't then the video wouldn't still be up on sites like videos.yahoo.com

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast