The War In the Air Between CHAI NA and FRANCE!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Two red blobs! I think that's a first for me on one post!

The above is a demonstration of how easy it is to be a bigot. And how difficult it is to remain 100% unbiased.

The French guys on the plane were being dicks, but in different circumstances might behave the exact opposite.

I've been to France, and have been treated quite well, even in the touristy parts of Paris where I'd understand if people were short of temper. I've been all over the world, and I can't think of a circumstance where I've seen bad behavior greater than I've received from my US countrymen. Even blatantly corrupt customs people in Africa have been personable while trying to lever some cash out of me.

Don't forget to ask yourself if you're basing your beliefs on personal observation or assumption.
    Last edited by TS888; 05-10-2009 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TS888:
    Don't forget to ask yourself if you're basing your beliefs on personal observation or assumption.
    Exactly!! I don't redblob often, but reading that French are "a shitload of people who think they are entitled to a life of leisure, provided by the working class of immigrants who support them with taxes and labor." makes me think you have no idea of what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by psjylife:
    Exactly!! I don't redblob often, but reading that French are "a shitload of people who think they are entitled to a life of leisure, provided by the working class of immigrants who support them with taxes and labor." makes me think you have no idea of what you are talking about.
    Thats the thing though you could say exactly the same thing about any country in the European Union not just France due to the opening of the borders.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Thats the thing though you could say exactly the same thing about any country in the European Union not just France due to the opening of the borders.
    Or the US, where Hispanic migrants are the growing source of labor.

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location

The article on the site was posted in March this year. The incident happened LAST year...

Bottom line, she was right to defend herself. The french passengers that were involved did behave inappropriately and could have shown more tact, even if they did have a point or two to make.

This argument will continue, no need to rehash it and decide who was right or wrong. Let's move on, it happened a long time ago, and we have better things to discuss....

We should move on because you had your say, distinctly saying that the frogman was wrong, and thats the end of it?

lets not move on.

this is symptomatic of a greater problem, often unseen. the comments to the article attest to that.

it deserves more than a cursory, "my side is right - but who knows - but REMEMBER MY SIDE is RIGHT END OF DEBATE" which is what you tried to do.

if you think this problem is going to go away, then you are naive.

you lack the wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by WillKill4Rice:
    We should move on because you had your say, distinctly saying that the frogman was wrong, and thats the end of it?

lets not move on.

this is symptomatic of a greater problem, often unseen. the comments to the article attest to that.

it deserves more than a cursory, "my side is right - but who knows - but REMEMBER MY SIDE is RIGHT END OF DEBATE" which is what you tried to do.

if you think this problem is going to go away, then you are naive.

you lack the wisdom.
    No...we should move on because EVERYONE'S had their say, including the comments below the original article.

Yes this is symptomatic of a greater problem, but why debate a topic that's been dealt with previously? We've all heard stories of rude interactions with foreigners who couldn't be more ignorant and between overly zealous visitors who believe they are the vanguards of their culture.

Again, I never picked sides here. READ carefully. I equally defended and criticized both parties here, something YOU clearly haven't done.

I agree this problem isn't going to go away, so a more measured and diplomatic approach is needed here rather than raising hell anonymously on an online forum. Again, showing your naivete and lack of wisdom....

Quote Originally Posted by TS888:
    Cracking the marketing/business in France? Why? It's a country with a diminishing standard of living
    Really? The UNHDR says otherwise, and places France above the USA for overall quality of life.
    Last edited by PDLM; 06-10-2009 at 07:25 PM.

LOL...RED-BLOB ALERT!

haha...to the moron who sent me the red-blob with the comment "06-10-2009 06:09 PM No. Bottom line is that it did not happen!" , do you REALLY need me to spell it out for you?

The article was posted on March 9, 2009, further proof for your benefit:

"Young Girl Argues With Anti-Chinese French On Airplane
    438 comments
    by Fauna on Monday, March 9, 2009 "

And the incident happened LAST YEAR, again further proof for your benefit:

"It was on the plane to Paris, three weeks after the Olympic flame was obstructed in Paris."

3 weeks after the Olympic flame was obstructed in Paris....

I'll say this reeeeally slowly. It happened BEFORE the start of the Olympics on August 8th, 2008....

August 8th 2008....October 6th 2009...more than ONE YEAR...no?

(sigh!)

Quote Originally Posted by psjylife:
    Psjylife, je suis d'accord avec toi.