Obama to get Nobel Peace Prize

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I guess there was a lack of alternatives.
    Honestly I think there were some other alternatives. And for sure we could read it in some news as soon as someone mind to show the shortlist of nominations. If I can find some I will post here.

The problem is that probably these are not as "trendy" as Mr. Obama.

Honestly, I've nothing against Obama and the American people in general but I guess this prize is not deserved at all, considering no results have been delivered yet and considering Obama is president of a country that is formally "at war" with 2 other countries and living with the menace of adding one or two more (Iran and N.K.)

I agree with Lech Walesa: "It's too soon"

Glad to see this is being discussed here. I am still in shock that Obama essentially got the same honor as someone like Mandela, Mother Teresa and almost anyone else from this list... All Nobel Peace Prize Laureates All I can say is that this was a classic WTF moment for me.

I guess being a black president lowers the bar for international honors... I still cannot figure out what he's done, other than show up for hundred plus days. No major treaties, no major policy changes and no major achievements ...

Oh wait, the thing about being nominated in Feb makes this even worse. I guess having made peace with Billary qualifies one for the Nobel peace prize.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris:
    I guess we all associate Jimmy Carter with that sentiment when he won it in 2002 with his work with Sadat and Begin.

I guess you should change your ident to Mr No idea about history.
    Isn't Jimmy Carter the guy who (while governor of Georgia) organised a protest against the conviction of William Laws Calley, who had ordered the execution of 500 villagers, mostly women, children, infants and the elderly in May Lai in 1968?

And isn't Jimmy Carter the guy who organised the coup of General Chun Doo-Hwan in South Korea, who one year later ordered the killing of hundreds of civilians in Kwangju?

And isn't Jimmy Carter the guy who organised the coup of Samuel Doe in Liberia?

And isn't Jimmy Carter the guy who organised the coup of General Lucas Garcia in Guatemala, one of the country's most brutal regimes that killed 20,000 civilians, mainly by death squads?

Nobel peace price indeed.

Boris Baby: Buy a history book.

It seems you rely on urban myth, shadow propaganda and just plain bollocks to try to validate your ridiculous assumptions. I prefer validated facts myself and books not relying on UFOs and Nostradamus predictions.

If he was so demonic, how come it was so easy for an actor to unseat him after one term.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris:
    It seems you rely on urban myth, shadow propaganda and just plain bollocks to try to validate your ridiculous assumptions. I prefer validated facts myself and books not relying on UFOs and Nostradamus predictions.

If he was so demonic, how come it was so easy for an actor to unseat him after one term.
    er, because Americans were voting..the same ones who gave Baby Bush 2 terms???

Quote Originally Posted by timklip:
    er, because Americans were voting..the same ones who gave Baby Bush 2 terms???
    Exactly - proves my point. Dressing in the flag is much more successful than actually trying to do good. Bombs not buns until YOUR guys actually get killed in significant numbers then reasonable men have a chance and are immediately attacked by the right for being pussies, marxists, faggot lovers and ( recently ) racists.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

Gandhi wuz robbed!!!

When he heard the Nobel Peace Prize shocker on Friday, Bill Clinton went into one of his purple rages. He picked up the phone and dialled the one person on earth who would be as steamed as he was.
    Clinton: Hey, man, it’s me. This thing is plumb crazy. Can you believe it?
    W.: No way, Jose!
    Clinton: First that prig Carter. Then that prig Gore. And now President Paris Hilton. The guy’s in office three days and he gets the peace prize? He should have gotten the Nobel in chemistry, because chemistry’s all he’s got. Talk about a fairy tale. This... is... just... wrong! It’s killing me, man. I feel like my head’s explodin’. First I had the vast Right-wing conspiracy, and now I have the vast Left-wing conspiracy.
    W.: I hear ya, 42. As if his head wasn’t big enough. This cat is all cage, no bird. He doesn’t have a clue.
    Clinton: Heck no.
    W.: See, I’m the one who should be mad. Let me tell you, this Norwegia thing has nothing to do with him. It’s just another way for the pinkos of the world to drop a cow patty on my legacy. All that garbage in the prize statement about how special La Bamba is for bringing back wimpy multilateral diplomacy, dialogue and negotiations, the kind my dad and Scowcroft loved. Those Nobel ninnies are so lulu Left they make the UN look like a fox jamboree. The rookie already got rewarded once for not being me when he got elected. Gosh, what would he do without me?
    Clinton: Fine, but you never expected to win this prize. You were the quote-unquote war President and proud of it. I had to put up with a gazillion hours of Arafat’s insanity, but I guess that still wasn’t enough for those Oslo ice queens. I guess ending ethnic cleansing in Bosnia wasn’t enough, or bringing peace to Northern Ireland. And I guess my work with the Clinton Global Initiative saving lives in Africa and hanging with Bono and Barbra wasn’t enough.
    W.: Calm down, bro. You gotta take care of that ticker.
    Clinton: It was a case of premature adulation.
    W.: Heh-heh-heh. Yeah, very pre-emptive, sort of like Cheney’s pre-emptive war policy.
    Clinton: If they weren’t going to give it to me, they should at least have given it to the Chinese human rights movement or the Iranian protesters or AIDS workers in the Congo. Or even Bono.
    W.: Yeah, man. Bono.
    Clinton: That would have helped make life better for the good guys and harder for the bad guys. Once again, action loses out to talk, just like with Hillary and Obama in the campaign. Nobel Prize for blah-blah-blah. Heck, I used to be considered a pretty good talker myself.
    W.: It’s aggravating, I agree. But look at it this way, 42. Everybody’s laughing at La Bamba. He gets a Nobel for nada. Being loved by Europeans isn’t gonna do him any good here in the US of A. I whupped that Frenchy Kerry, didn’t I?
    Clinton: The only peace Obama has made is bringing together the Taliban, Rush Limbaugh, the Palestinians and the Israelis to agree the guy is undeserving. It just confirms everyone’s suspicion that all this dude knows how to do is dazzle.
    W.: He doesn’t want to be a Decider. He wants to be a Transformer. He transformed, all right — from Miss America to Miss Universe. He’s a five-spiral crash, and getting the gold is just a reminder of all he hasn’t done. He’s going to have to look over and see that big medallion hanging up there in the Oval, mocking him as an empty suit, a pretty boy beloved by the Blame-America-First crowd, whenever he has to send more troops to Afghanistan, or the Taliban act up, or Iran fires up for nukes.
    Clinton: Maybe you’re right, George. Some winners think the Nobel’s the kiss of death. Any peace prize that goes to Henry Kissinger but not Gandhi ain’t worth a can of Alpo. Heck, if Gandhi had known he was going to lose out to Henry the K, he could have had more time to eat french fries and chase girls.
    W.: And finish getting dressed. Heh-heh-heh.
    Clinton: Barack’s going to give that $1.4 million away to charity. I got a charity. How ’bout he just signs it over to me? Speaking of money, we need to do another of those joint lecture things.
    W.: I’m fairly footloose. This is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. Go choke on a herring, Norwegia!

Maureen Dowd nytimes

I read it yesterday, it made my day. Was never her fan but I guess I will read her stuff now.

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location

They should have given it to this guy instead...

BBC NEWS | South Asia | The 'youngest headmaster in the world'

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast