Like Tree2Likes

Israeli Apartheid

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Israeli Apartheid

Can anyone explain to me why this is any different from what used to go on in South Africa, and why the world isn't ostracising Israel as a result?

Because Israel has chosen its friends wisely

Big US lobby ?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

And because the United States vetoes UN Resolutions which are critical of Israel?

OK, but is it actually in any way different from Apartheid? To me it shows the US hypocrisy in a very clear light.

Israel basically controls US policy on the region, and so it doesn't need to abide by any UN resolutions. Nor does it care what other countries think. Take a look at the recent UK passport forgeries for the Mossad operation in Dubai.

I lived in Israel for a while and it is a strange place. There are liberal Israelis who would prefer to live on good terms with their neighbours, but I think they are in the minority.

But these aren't their neighbours we are talking about, they are Israeli citizens who are Arabs not Jews, and they are not allowed to live in "Jews only" areas.

"Every time we do something you tell me America will do this and will do that ... I want to tell you something very clear: Don't worry about American pressure on Israel. We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it."
    - Israeli Prime Minister, Ariel Sharon, October 3, 2001.

Regrettably, that quote appears to be fake Claire...

Yep, that particular hoax originated from the pro-Hamas group, the Islamic Association for Palestine.

However, the attack on the USS Liberty wasn't a hoax. But it is another example of the US's hypocrisy when it comes to Israel. No other country could have gotten away with that.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast