Like Tree1Likes

Palin: US is 'the last best hope of earth'

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Palin: US is 'the last best hope of earth'

It's very sad that such an individual would exist, but even sadder that people would actually go listen to her and clap at what she has to say.

BBC News - Palin: US is 'the last best hope of earth'

And why always say that USA is the greatest and bestest country in the world, since she obviously has no idea how other countries are?

Yeah, nationalism is really going to solve all our problems.

>> And why always say that USA is the greatest and bestest country in the
    >> world, since she obviously has no idea how other countries are?

Nationalism aside - they do have technology, spending power, military strength on their side... the list of + factors can go on. Most of Asia, Europe, Latin America pretty much have all the problem areas that the Americans have.

Name your home country and I'm sure with a few google searches, we can find a Sarah Palin equivalent....

Wish I could argue with you Shri, but unfortunately right.

That doesn't make Sarah Palin right though.

I am not saying Sarah Palin is the answer, but this constant snotty euro "we're so superior" attitude gets on my nerves.

Still agreeing with you. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I am not saying Sarah Palin is the answer, but this constant snotty euro "we're so superior" attitude gets on my nerves.
    You mean we are not?

My daughter recently was playing dressing up games and dressed as a teacher but looked worryingly like Sarah Palin. Should I take her to a doctor?

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    It's not about a "snotty euro "we're so superior" attitude", it's about Americans thinking that they live in the greatest and bestest country in the world without actually having a clue how other people live in other countries.

I have never ever ever met a European who thinks he lives in the greatest and bestest country in the world. Never! I am fully aware of the problems in my country and other European countries, and this is why I don't think my own country is the greatest and bestest country in the world. And I don't think any of my compatriots does. We acknowledge our problems and keep whining about them, and in some cases do something about them.

The problem with American people (as exemplified by Sarah Palin) is that they put their heads in the sand and keep repeating that they are the greatest and bestest country in the world without actually visiting any other country and knowing how life is there.

Not that I care what they think, as long as they don't go around the world screwing up other countries. Which unfortunately happens very frequently...

I am sorry I wasn't clear the first time. I hope I am clear this time.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    My daughter recently was playing dressing up games and dressed as a teacher but looked worryingly like Sarah Palin. Should I take her to a doctor?
    If she starts acting like her, take her to a shrink. If she looks like her, she could have a job after Tina Fey retires.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    If she starts acting like her, take her to a shrink. If she looks like her, she could have a job after Tina Fey retires.
    Yes thinking about that then I should be encouraging everyone to vote for her - PALIN FOR PRESIDENT!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast