Sai Kung - the lowdown please!

Closed Thread

Sai Kung - the lowdown please!

I am looking to move to HK soon and would be living in Sai Kung. Very interested to hear what life in this neck of the jungle is like. Seems very nice but hard to see whats what with only one trip there to look around!
    I am a freelance writer and am looking for any possible work either in Sai Kung (now that would be convenient!) or anyway in HK really. Just to add one more side to this info plea.. I have a 3 year old and am looking for good playschools in the area. I should be staying on Che Keng Tuk Road next to the marina club there and am really intersted to find about Sze Woo School on the same road, particually as I will be carless, at least at the start.

Any help with any of this would be really appreciated and would aid in the keeping of my pre moving hair!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelh:
    I am looking to move to HK soon and would be living in Sai Kung. Very interested to hear what life in this neck of the jungle is like. Seems very nice but hard to see whats what with only one trip there to look around!
    I am a freelance writer and am looking for any possible work either in Sai Kung (now that would be convenient!) or anyway in HK really. Just to add one more side to this info plea.. I have a 3 year old and am looking for good playschools in the area. I should be staying on Che Keng Tuk Road next to the marina club there and am really intersted to find about Sze Woo School on the same road, particually as I will be carless, at least at the start.

Any help with any of this would be really appreciated and would aid in the keeping of my pre moving hair!!
    I am a fellow Sai Kunger. There are lots of things to do here so when your child is around 5-10 years old they will have plenty to do. The New Song Kindergarten is where most Expats go to. There is also the Abacus Kindy in Clear Water Bay, though there are buses running to and from, Ms. Kitty Lee Yuk Tai is the main one. Both Kindys feed into Clear Water Bay School, an ESF school where your child will almost certainly go. As for Freelance writing you could try the South China Morning Post @ www.scmp.com.

Thanks for that advice!

Lots of freelance opportunties on the web through sites like elance.com. There is a fairly large market for freelance writers who can write optimized text for the web.

Drop me a line if you think you can write good short articles and the types of topics and I'll drop some people a line -- would be ideal if you have a site / portfolio online.

Oh yeah, we have plenty of parents of young kids on http://www.geobaby.com ..

Playgroups

Ther eis also the PPA playgroup association which is right near the Marina club in the same road you will be living - Most expats do not just go to New Song - they are spread evenly around all the english speaking kindy's.