Anybody know the Aaegean Coast project in the Gold Coast area?

Closed Thread

Anybody know the Aaegean Coast project in the Gold Coast area?

Hi!

Does anybody know the Aegean Coast project in the Gold Coast area?

I visited some friends there during Chinese New Year and kinda liked it...especially after hearing the prices for these apartments.

Why are they so cheap? I keep thinking that there must be a catch.

How's the quality of the construction?
    How are noise levels from the airport and from the marina?
    Is it easy to hear your neighbors?
    Are the club facilities always over occupied?
    Is public transport really bad?
    Was the place built on an old graveyard?

I'm just trying to find a downside...cause during my short stay, I couldn't find anything.

Is Gold Coast really as boring as many people on this forum often say?

Would love to hear your comments.

Thanks!

Ummm why didn't you ask your friends that actually live there?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Ummm why didn't you ask your friends that actually live there?
    They just moved there and were very exited about the purchase of their first home. I therefor felt it inappropriate to ask them what was "wrong" with the place.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowtip:
    They just moved there and were very exited about the purchase of their first home. I therefor felt it inappropriate to ask them what was "wrong" with the place.
    Ask for the positives not the negatives of course.

Speak to one of the local property agents and ask them about the history of the development etc, Sure they'll probably paint a pretty picture but you'll get the general gist of things like transportation links etc etc.

Well I am going to revise this thread. Any word input on Aaegean Coast ... from both the renting and buying perspectives.

[Side bar: I use to live near the Gold Coast and the commute drove me nuts but I am sick of renting even more. So, considering on purchasing]

Last edited by Alby; 02-04-2008 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alby:
    [Side bar: I use to live near the Gold Coast and the commute drove me nuts but I am sick of renting even more. So, considering on purchasing]
    I have a friend who works in Exchange Place and moved for the same reason.
    The Gold Coast developers tell you 30 minutes to Central in their ads. Is that only on a Sunday morning at 9 am?

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth:
    I have a friend who works in Exchange Place and moved for the same reason.
    The Gold Coast developers tell you 30 minutes to Central in their ads. Is that only on a Sunday morning at 9 am?
    True, I use to commute from GC to Causeway Bay back in the day and figured out rather fast that if I exited the 962 Bus at Sheung Wan (Sun Tak Center) and took the MTR that I shaved 30 minutes off my commute.

Also figured out rather quickly back in the day if I took the CG complex shuttle bus to TST then hopped the MTR from there same shaved 40+ minutes off my commute.

The mini bus to Jordan was not worth it as it makes too many stops between CG coming but on the return better timing.

So you are saying half the fun of living out there is figuring out the fastest commute?

Half the fun of living anywhere is figuring out the fastest commute with minimal stress to my destinations

[Is Gold Coast really as boring as many people on this forum often say?

Would love to hear your comments.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Those people who say that dont want others to come there and push the rents up - they live at the GC!