Gold Coast HK

Closed Thread

Gold Coast HK

Hi,
    I am looking at moving to the Gold Coast in HK but will be working in Shenzhen. What is the best way of traveling and how long will it take to Lo Wu?

Skyhook- you're being called!

Ha Ha lammarite lol

We usually drive to the border, but, there is a dedicated Public Light mini Bus that runs to Sheung Shui KCR from the bus stop in front of the Gold Coast Mall. Should take you between 25-35 minutes as most of the journey is 110KPH highway.

I'll get the actual mini bus number for you Killian, the next time we walk past.

There is also a bus that runs to Lok Ma Chau as well, that connects to Shenzhen Bay, so depending on what part of Lo Wu you are entertaining either option is available.

70% of the apartment residents in my block own businesses across the border, so transport options are pretty frequent.

You can also hire van guys to take you either to Sheung Shui or across the border if they have a cross border permit in cases where you have a bit of luggage to carry. PM me if you need that option I have a number for a local GC resident who does van runs to Sheung Shui KCR.

Hope that helps

Last edited by Skyhook; 06-02-2008 at 11:28 AM.

dunno if this has changed, but since my last trip to Sheung Shui, i had to take a bus from GC (generally green bus 43, or the K53/51) to Tuen Mun central, then take green bus 44 to Sheung Shui. form there you take the KCR to Lo Wu. there's no "direct" way, as far as i know, but i've been away for about 6 months, so who knows!!

Quote Originally Posted by dropdedfwed:
    dunno if this has changed, but since my last trip to Sheung Shui, i had to take a bus from GC (generally green bus 43, or the K53/51) to Tuen Mun central, then take green bus 44 to Sheung Shui. form there you take the KCR to Lo Wu. there's no "direct" way, as far as i know, but i've been away for about 6 months, so who knows!!
    Same when I lived in the Gold Coast - this was the way I would come and go to the mainland. That was more than 7yrs ago!

Skyhook, I'd be very keen to know if there is a bus pretty much door to door without change Tuen Mun center.

good luck "living" in the gold coast...hope you packed your sanity pills, you'll ned them there.

what an odd thing to say! we live in the gold coast

and we LOVE it here. I don't think the 44 minibus stops outside the GC Shopping Mall, if that is the one you need, however, but you can connect to it in Tuen Mun without much hassle.