The cost of RENT in Sai Kung

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thanks everyone!

This information has been so useful. I feel more confident now. I do like the sound of renting a whole village house out! Now, with three boys, that might be ideal!

never said it was convenient. i did, earlier, quote travel times.
    to drive from my place to ho man tin would be about 40 minutes. by public transport it takes forever to get anywhere from where i live. i don't try to hide that fact. as a matter of fact, it is one of the ONLY things i don't like about where i live. however, I, PERSONALLY, think that the trade off is worth it. others may too.

i also thought of moving inside the country park, i also have a car but i go out a lot and taking taxis at night from Wan Chai back to the country park did not seem worth it. Heehee.

is it easy to apply for the permit to enter the counrty park if you reside there. I was worried about that part as well.

very straight forward to get he permit. takes 2 or 3 days. but you can get a temorary 1 week permit until the real thing comes along.

and yes, getting a taxi from wan chai home would be VERY expensive if you are doing it a lot (about $350)

Sorry, couldn't figure out how to delete this, so just skip to the one below...

Last edited by BGRuyle; 15-03-2008 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    we have 2100' with a garden in sai kung country park for roughly half that.
    Yes, but isn't it nearly impossible to find a place available in the country park?

We're in Sheung Sze Wan with 2 floors (3 kids, helper, 2 dogs, etc) and would love an entire village house. I was told people usually get in to the country park through word of mouth.

True? Does anyone know of any houses opening up soon?

Cheers

it is easier to find if you are already "in" the park, as you have the ability to drive around and see what is empty. you can then ask neighbours what the deal is.

Hi Carang,
    We have only 2 weeks in August to find somewhere to live. Living in the park sounds like it would suit us well.
    Do agents offer help in finding property or is it only a case of driving round first? - plus is there restricted access?

Thank you in advance for your help.

yep restricted access. but taxis can get in and probably agents (the l/l would have to call the gate to give the licence plate #).

closer to the time, if you remind me, i can ask around to see what is available.

send me a message with a phone number in july or so and i'll have a look.

Thank you, thank you for your fast and helpful reply.
    :wave