Like Tree32Likes

Recent Break In's

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Considering 4 of my friends and one member of my family are members of the hkpf in senior uniform and CI divisions, I reckon i know a lot more about it than you do, yeasty.
    Perhaps having friends over in Shek Pik may be more useful in such a discussion.

Anyway I'll let the Police advisers of Tai Pao Village Watch that their advice to fit CCTV's is not relevant as someone 'in the know' has confirmed through clear statistical evidence and in depth analyis. Should I also ask them to rescind the 3rd Runner-up 2012 SQA award for their crime prevention efforts as CCTV adoption was a key part of it.

Perhaps you could also drop a note to the regional commander who wrote this "for
    those villages that installed CCTV systems following Police advice, a significant decrease of 30 per cent was seen in the number of burglary cases." about villages in the NT in the recent regional commanders report for the police
    Last edited by East_coast; 16-08-2013 at 08:59 AM.

Oh please f off ! Yeasty.

Cctv only helps the police AFTER the home owner has been robbed !

A lot of people have cctv in our village the house by our entrance road ,(the first house in our village ) still got broken into, the cctv which was quite extensive, didnt deter the theives one bit. It only explained how they got in, and what rooms they spent the most time in.

Countless examples to be quite clear.

Comparing Tai po with sai kung would be like comparing Essex with Nottinghill on a quality of the haul perspective, to a smart thief. Not the petty criminal in Tai Po that might nick your mountain bike

And your regional commander report does not explain how 40 houses in sai kung over the past couple of months happened. Thats a 30% drop is it ?

Stick your bullshit technocratic reports up ya bum....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using GeoClicks mobile app

Last edited by Skyhook; 16-08-2013 at 09:10 AM.

Oh please f off ! Yeasty.
    If swearing and child like name calling is all you have then little point in staying.

Cctv only helps the police AFTER the home owner has been robbed !
    Are you suggesting CCTV has no deterrent factor? The 30% drop in burglaries seen in villages who fitted CCTV must be for some outher reason.

Comparing Tai po with sai kung would be like comparing Essex with Nottinghill on a quality of the haul perspective, to a smart thief. Not the petty criminal in Tai Po that might nick your mountain bike
    Which would be be which?
    Obviously a 3 story semi-urban village houses 20mins drive from each other are very very different.

And your regional commander report does not explain how 40 houses in sai kung over the past couple of months happened. Thats a 30% drop is it ?

Stick your bullshit technocratic reports up ya bum....
    Taking a short period of time in a small geographic region and comparing it to regional trends is not good math.

Perhaps it's is a displacement effect as villages outside Sai Kung have adopted better crime prevention measures such as good CCTV systems.

Anyway enough of this as you know some people who told you different.
    Last edited by East_coast; 16-08-2013 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Thank you for the very detailed analysis of the deterrent effect of CCTV.

Perhaps just by looking at main evidence categories for solving crime it should be possible to infer that CCTV is a deterrent

Even the criminal class (or as some call them 'the mainlander') know good CCTV systems get convictions.

Is a house more likely or less like to be burgled if it has CCTV? (please analyse more than 'your mates house')
    Can you post up the sources for these graphs? It's a bit meaningless otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Can you post up the sources for these graphs? It's a bit meaningless otherwise.
    I misplaced the but will try to dig it out. The data was from a 'random' set of around 64 village style house burglaries.

Anyway, most reports I looked at seem to show a positive effect on crime reduction from the installation of CCTV.
    Last edited by East_coast; 16-08-2013 at 07:50 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4