Gweilo minibus driver?!?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

am pretty sure it was a non-promoted cop. he was walking with his partner near wan chai. but i could be wrong

Was he wearing white?

i think it was light blue

I seen a white geezer next to the Wan Chai MTR station busking with some juggling balls - must've been a traveler that got stuck in transition over here or summin.

There was a guy from Sai Kung who used that nick (Minibus Driver) on another HK forum a few years back. He was on some kind of anti-Western kick and had cultivated a particular hatred for Brits (his country of origin): he'd collected a number of local women and used to post their photos – wonder if it’s the same person.

PDLM will remember him fondly if it is.

Last edited by araucaria; 27-05-2008 at 08:27 AM.

I've sat in his minibus too and seen him driving at other times. Seems legit to me.

SCMP ran a story on him today:

Mr Parker (from New South Wales) moved to the city just over five years ago with his Hong Kong-born wife, Wing-ho, and their children, son Ron, five - who has an ambition to drive the 101 to Hang Hau - and daughter Annie, eight.

The decision to move back was made so that Wing-ho - whom he met when they both got separated from a tour group in Singapore - and the children could be closer to family.

"I'd been driving a school bus for a while, but it was only a couple of hours a day and I was quite bored," he said.

"Then we were driving home one day when Wing saw a sign on the back of the bus asking for drivers. She suggested I give it a go, and we called up. The boss only wanted to know if I could drive, so we went for a couple of laps in the bus around Hang Hau and he said I was hired."

yeah, i've seen him - i didn't know whether to ask for my stop in chinese or english. XD i told my boyfriend and he didn't believe me, i couldn't really see his face but his hands were very "gweilo". =p then i saw him drive by my house once when i was walking home. XD he's my own personal celebrity.

Quote Originally Posted by araucaria:
    There was a guy from Sai Kung who used that nick (Minibus Driver) on another HK forum a few years back. He was on some kind of anti-Western kick and had cultivated a particular hatred for Brits (his country of origin): he'd collected a number of local women and used to post their photos – wonder if it’s the same person.

PDLM will remember him fondly if it is.
    Actually he was living in Fotan and was Australian!

he was on the rthk talking i think