Like Tree13Likes

Drones in Sai Kung - Burglaries

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    That this is totally stupid BS you can see from the word 'unmanned'. Anyway, what they expect to see? Hidden safes?
    If used correctly by the dodgy types, these quadcopters with cameras on the front can check out village houses from quite a distance away

1. how to reach the house from the back (any accessible routes)
    2. where are the pipes located that can be used to climb up, any pipes without barbed wires
    3. which windows are left open or the occupants will think that nobody can get into so they are left open for long periods
    4. Does the house have any pets in the garden
    5. Any visible security cameras

and so on, its not about what can be seen inside but how to breach the property is the main concern. Once you get into the house, overpowering a maid or an old couple can done easily.

Disclaimer: the above info is based on assumption only and not on actual experience

On sai kung group in facebook, a lady did post a picture of a drone that was near her house, I told her to go buy a gas gun and use it as a target practise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A3F...utm_source=EDM

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    I knew about this one : http://www.hobbyexpochina.com/
    But didnt know about your one.

Is it nicer/better ? Do you know the differences between the 2?
    Difference? Maybe different organizer. Products and size is about the same, the one right now is maybe a little bit smaller. It's certainly interesting to have a look if you like that stuff. Tomorrow is maybe the best day if you want to buy samples.

There are maybe 10 booth offering quad type drones.

I added 2 pics from this morning.
    Last edited by flameproof; 04-04-2014 at 03:09 PM.
    HowardCoombs and shri like this.

Related (from Australia): Triathlete injured as drone filming race falls to ground

Mr Abrams said an initial investigation had indicted that someone nearby "channel hopped" the device, taking control away from the operator.

Channel hopping is a form of hacking which can render the drone uncontrollable to the original operator.

Oh boy, don't get your fingers in the propeller, it can do really deep cuts! It's certainly not a kids toy.

And you don't have to take control of a drone to crash it, it's enough to make the owner lose control, i.e. by transmitting a strong noise signal in that frequency range.

Last edited by flameproof; 07-04-2014 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    If used correctly by the dodgy types, these quadcopters with cameras on the front can check out village houses from quite a distance away

1. how to reach the house from the back (any accessible routes)
    2. where are the pipes located that can be used to climb up, any pipes without barbed wires
    3. which windows are left open or the occupants will think that nobody can get into so they are left open for long periods
    4. Does the house have any pets in the garden
    5. Any visible security cameras

and so on, its not about what can be seen inside but how to breach the property is the main concern. Once you get into the house, overpowering a maid or an old couple can done easily.

Disclaimer: the above info is based on assumption only and not on actual experience

On sai kung group in facebook, a lady did post a picture of a drone that was near her house, I told her to go buy a gas gun and use it as a target practise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A3F...utm_source=EDM
    Local plod did say they'd caught an II with one. He obviously didn't sneak across the border just to fly it for fun....

So these guys are getting footage of houses from the top.

If I had a top floor I'd put a massive poster on the roof giving them a message.

Maybe the don't bother message: "We ain't got nuffink worth stealing"

Or the if you dare route: "I am a convicted burglar torturer"

The options are endless

BB gun from the rooftop just as much fun

gunsnroses and auss like this.