Booking a large Taxi to Sai Kung

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rbnfrance:
    Good info. Thanks. Shall I call far in advance or just when we are at Hoi Ha?
    What time is early??? for the taxi operator, start calling 15 mins before departure time, if no taxis call again after 5-10 mins. For Ricky, call or txt him 30 mins before departure time.

Big Thanks to all

Big Thanks to all
    If all else fails, ask for Green Taxis (taxi hotline number, not ricky) to take you to Hang Hau MTR station and from there either take the train or change to red taxi to take you into TST.

Green Taxis will be more of them in and around the country park.

No idea why you wouldn't take the minibus back. It takes 16 people; room for luggage; goes frequently and no hassle about ringing up a taxi! Since it's the only bus going to Hoi Ha, (look for the round green sign) it;s not exactly hard to find!

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    No idea why you wouldn't take the minibus back. It takes 16 people; room for luggage; goes frequently and no hassle about ringing up a taxi! Since it's the only bus going to Hoi Ha, (look for the round green sign) it;s not exactly hard to find!
    Yeah. We might do. We all need to be in tst by 10am and I'm worried about getting there on time. The first bus seems to leave at 8.30.

Yeah. We might do. We all need to be in tst by 10am and I'm worried about getting there on time. The first bus seems to leave at 8.30.
    Its about 15-20 mins to sai.kung by bus. Pretty much.identical by taxi and you have to pass sai kung in any event. Then get in a cab, perhaps 30 mins max to tst. Not a problem.

Sent from my SM-N900 using GeoClicks mobile app

Thank-you.

Because the minibus do not go to TST...they go to Sai Kung where you have to take a taxi or another bus and then connect to the MTR to reach TST... a much much longer (and less comfy) journey

And the Minibus only goes every 30 minutes....not so frequent in my book

So the simplest (and not so expensive if you are 4/5 by taxis) is to call a taxi.

If that fails indeed try the minibus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Because the minibus do not go to TST...they go to Sai Kung where you have to take a taxi or another bus and then connect to the MTR to reach TST... a much much longer (and less comfy) journey

And the Minibus only goes every 30 minutes....not so frequent in my book

So the simplest (and not so expensive if you are 4/5 by taxis) is to call a taxi.

If that fails indeed try the minibus.
    I think I would do it the other way around! Line up at the bus stop at about 8:20am ... if there are more than 5 locals already in the queue then call a cab. Since it's the first stop, you know both a) when it arrives and b) how many spare seats it has.

I cannot think of a sensible route from Hoi Ha to TST that does not go through Sai Kung - and the bus goes straight to a taxi rank! So the detour you mention seems to be about 100m - really not worth worrying about compared to the hassle of trying to persuade a taxi company to send you a cab.... You COULD possibly go via Sa Sha Rd, but I think it'd be rather a detour and quite expensive in taxi. Not really necessary at that time in the morning of a weekend when the traffic is in the other direction.

I think I would do it the other way around! Line up at the bus stop at about 8:20am ... if there are more than 5 locals already in the queue then call a cab. Since it's the first stop, you know both a) when it arrives and b) how many spare seats it has.

I cannot think of a sensible route from Hoi Ha to TST that does not go through Sai Kung - and the bus goes straight to a taxi rank! So the detour you mention seems to be about 100m - really not worth worrying about compared to the hassle of trying to persuade a taxi company to send you a cab.... You COULD possibly go via Sa Sha Rd, but I think it'd be rather a detour and quite expensive in taxi. Not really necessary at that time in the morning of a weekend when the traffic is in the other direction.
    OK OK as you want it, not my issue and I am not going to fight on this.

OP has options, OP is big enough.
    Last edited by Mat; 29-04-2014 at 03:18 PM.