Gold Coast to Lok Ma Chau?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    There is the 44B and the 44B1 - the info suggests both go at 15-20 min intervals.

if the OP is commuting then it won't take him long to figure out the timetable and know when the bus comes. They don't tend to sit around in Tuen Mun (at least not at the stop in the centre of town).

I have not noticed the 44 being significantly slower - sure there is plenty of beeping, but the journey time is not noticeably changed. It's never taken me 35 mins. They only used to go at about 80kmph anyway, and now go at about 75 so that's not going to make much difference on a 20 min journey....
    the difference then and now,then it was a constant single tone ( after very rapid bleeping) then indicating over 90kmph, now its bleeping every half a second indicating touching 80kmph and never rapid bleeping nowadays

note that this local forum, stating from v city to taipo market takes 55mins (15 mins from taipo market to shueng shui by train), then 35-40 mins to v city, backs my thoughts

http://www.discuss.com.hk/viewthread.php?tid=22493067

I have driven a few times to gold coast as well as driven to tuen mun (average about 6 times a year), (If it only takes 20mins by minibus in recent years on 44), then why bother drive in the first place if there is minimal time advantages), bus a few times, mini bus a few times this journey over the years
    Last edited by imparanoic; 14-05-2014 at 03:00 PM.

I would point out that you have to walk 5 mins to the bus stop if you start in V city (possibly more if you are a local! It takes me 5 mins....). And there may be waiting time - I mainly do this journey on Saturday and Sunday - any weekday considerations the OP will need to figure out for themselves. Most journeys can be optimised with some experimentation.

Thanks!

Thanks Katherine and imparanoic, the information provided was extremely helpful!