Like Tree33Likes

The cows.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by scrambler:
    ah ok then. so them wanderin in the middle of a road at night where u wouldnt expect them could never cause u to swerve... several locations spring to mind with rolling bends in sai kumg

you must be one of these geo xpat road saints that drives at 35 Kph in a 50 zone.. especially roads they are familiar with.

go polish your halo...
    Then maybe you should expect them?

You are not going to encounter them when you drive through Mong Kok.

6 of 1 - half dozen of the other.... here's my experience.. going around the bend by sai kung police station.. taking the bend at a 'safe' speed - have an SUV up your arse - he's so close cant see your brake lights - s/he's also on the phone.. - I dodge cows. - SUV slams brakes on.. looked close for the lead cow - Im safe in the herd

pedestrians generally hear / see an make judgements - cows dont.

they are a hazard an motorist should be allowed to shoot them on sight

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    Then maybe you should expect them?

You are not going to encounter them when you drive through Mong Kok.

you encounter a whole different breed of stupidity riding thru monk kok

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    No, speeding vehicles are a traffic hazard. Cows don't kill anyone.
    I still don't understand what's so hard about giving the cows a nice large area in the country park to roam around in, while erecting a standard ( low visibility metal post and wire ) live stock fence to perimeter them off, so they don't wander onto the road. Is it so freaking hard ?

The weirdest thing is, they've got no hesitation installing the UGLY London style metal barriers everywhere ( human cattle runs ) around the streets of HK , but just cant get their shit together to join the dots, that maybe, it would be best to keep 700kg livestock off the F ing roads !

You're not building a pyramid, people !
    Last edited by Skyhook; 17-06-2014 at 04:00 PM.

i love to get the cows to bowen road

HK_Katherine likes this.

If cows can roam the centre of Delhi without being hurt, they should be safe in Sai Kung. I'm with those who say it's motorists who are dangerous, not cows! In fact, I think the cows make pedestrians SAFER, because having to slow down just in case there are cows makes drivers more aware of other things they might hit.

bookblogger likes this.

I've read the whole thread and still can't tell if it is entirely sarcastic or not.

greenmark likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    If cows can roam the centre of Delhi without being hurt, they should be safe in Sai Kung. I'm with those who say it's motorists who are dangerous, not cows! In fact, I think the cows make pedestrians SAFER, because having to slow down just in case there are cows makes drivers more aware of other things they might hit.
    What an udderly ridiculous idea. An estimated 231,000 people are killed every year on Indian roads and you think the best way to cut this number down would be to have more cows walking the streets? The steaks really are too high for that kind of a gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    I've read the whole thread and still can't tell if it is entirely sarcastic or not.
    Whether you understand or not, the point is mooooooooo.

Quote Originally Posted by scrambler:
    6 of 1 - half dozen of the other.... here's my experience.. going around the bend by sai kung police station.. taking the bend at a 'safe' speed - have an SUV up your arse - he's so close cant see your brake lights - s/he's also on the phone.. - I dodge cows. - SUV slams brakes on.. looked close for the lead cow - Im safe in the herd

pedestrians generally hear / see an make judgements - cows dont.

they are a hazard an motorist should be allowed to shoot them on sight
    Again, isn't it the SUV driver on the phone who is the problem?

As Katherine says, and as is being installed in European cities, obstacles which slow down traffic make roads safer.