Like Tree18Likes

Help please! I have lost my wallet at Minibus route 12, sai kung to Polam

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Your paper ID receipt (which is given to you on the spot) might be good enough.

Was not aware of the need to show an ID card to get a replacement - banks have accepted passports as identification verification at the counter.

Yes, the paper ID they give you on the spot from the immigration department will work to get a replacement.

You are right. Yes, I had in my back pocket. The bad story is that when I arrived to UST after 10-20 sec I realized that I lost my wallet then I run to catch the mini bus, but it was late and mini bus was gone. I took a taxi but the driver was crazy and he did not understand the urgent and he was keep asking me in Cantonese and he wasted my time for 2-3 minutes and next I changed to another taxi and the driver said only one direction he can go and he said rudely get out the car after my explanation about mini bus, and finally I found third taxi and I told him to go Polam Station and when we arrived there I saw the mini bus is coming. I searched all seats and ask driver but no wallet!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gandomi123:
    when we arrived there I saw the mini bus is coming. I searched all seats and ask driver but no wallet!!!!!!!!!!!
    The next passenger that sat in your seat found it and took it, now you wait to see what that person does with your wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandomi123:
    Thanks. Yes, I have canceled all credit and ATM cards. Customer services from credit cards and ATM said we cannot issue new card until you prove new HK ID card, means it will take 3-4 weeks. terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Don't know which bank/credit cards you had but I lost my wallet just a few months ago (first time) in a taxi at 4am when he dropped me off at home. Straight away called the taxi lost/found number but never heard back, same with the police (I did follow up with them but no luck)
    Cancelled my credit cards, ATM cards etc..
    Got both my new credit cards within a week (SCB and AMEX) same for my ATM card (SCB) without having a new ID Card. The only one that asked to go to a branch was HSBC, which I didn't as still have some other cards from the same account.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter White:
    The cops are not allowed to inform the guy who you are. When a friend went to collect a lost wallet from the police station they wanted to call the person who returned it and offer a reward of some sort. Cops refused to give out the info.
    Next time anyone does that, leave a name card in the wallet with a message on it - I am the one who handed in your wallet, would love to know if you get it back

Quote Originally Posted by Walter White:
    The cops are not allowed to inform the guy who you are. When a friend went to collect a lost wallet from the police station they wanted to call the person who returned it and offer a reward of some sort. Cops refused to give out the info.
    Makes sense, in fact I think ive been told that on here before.
    Fiona in HKG likes this.

Thanks. I have BOC (bank of china) credit and debit card and they said you MUST show your original HKID card to issue a new card!!!! BOC branch is in UST campus.

After your message I have requested for new card from HSBC bank and now it's fine and they will deliver to my address in 4-5 working days.

Sith likes this.

right, exactly.

Anyone who keeps a phone/wallet in their back pocket is a f*****g eejit...end of!

I left my wallet at the 7-11 counter in Central MTR, went back two minutes later and the cashier had it