Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By imparanoic
  • 1 Post By jack55
  • 1 Post By mrgoodkat
  • 1 Post By jack55

Tried the new heung yuen wai highway /lung shan tunnel yesterday and it was awesome

Tried the new heung yuen wai highway /lung shan tunnel yesterday and it was awesome

I tried the new heung yuen wai highway /lung shan tunnel twice yesterday and it was awesome, from tolo highway direction to fanling, normally takes around 25mins, but it took only 10mins, then from the return journey from my parent's place in sha tau kok to my apartment fanling via heung yuen wai highway /lung shan tunnel which normally takes around 22 mins, but it only took 12mins, best aspect it free, obviously significantly most vehicles than macau, zhuhai bridge

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...9-20190526.htm

jack55 and emx like this.

Wow nice to know! I need to go that route to China sometimes. Saves 10 minutes at least off the trip one way.

imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jack55
    Wow nice to know! I need to go that route to China sometimes. Saves 10 minutes at least off the trip one way.
    depends where, from taipo near lam tsuen/hong lok yuen to hueng wai yuen, good 15 minutes saved, presumablty when the actual heung wai yuen/liantang/east lowu border crossing opened from fall this year, there could be more buses/coaches/mini buses serving it

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic
    best aspect it free, obviously significantly most vehicles than macau, zhuhai bridge
    If it weren't free cars would still take Sha Tau Kok Road instead and the whole thing would be pointless. I imagine if the villagers would have asked for a new road to Ta Kwu Ling and Sha Tau Kok the government would have told them to fuck off, but since it's going to Shenzhen it's the best idea ever.
    imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic
    depends where, from taipo near lam tsuen/hong lok yuen to hueng wai yuen, good 15 minutes saved, presumablty when the actual heung wai yuen/liantang/east lowu border crossing opened from fall this year, there could be more buses/coaches/mini buses serving it
    Yeah even better. Strangely that crossing doesn't have much in terms of freeway connections. For me still more convenient way to get to Shenzhen if I need to.
    imparanoic likes this.