Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By HK_Katherine
  • 1 Post By HK_Katherine
  • 1 Post By jrkob

Help save the Gold Coast Medical Centre

Help save the Gold Coast Medical Centre

See petition. Sino are being their usual greedy selves and forcing out the medical centre so the supermarket can move into their space. We already have two supermarkets here; but only one medical centre! Idiots.

http://chng.it/zWPwLTGntg

Natfixit and Paxbritannia like this.

sorry for the threadjack but what is the second supermarket there besides MP ? Fusion at Aegean Coast ?

On the medical center, I'm not sure. I went there a few times and found them to be VERY expensive. My wife brought our daughter there a few times and stopped as well, she wasn't convinced she was getting very good advice.

Last edited by jrkob; 31-01-2020 at 04:47 PM.

doesn't supermarket usually pay lower rental than other shops because of the size they take up ?

Quote Originally Posted by freeier
    doesn't supermarket usually pay lower rental than other shops because of the size they take up ?

Quote Originally Posted by jrkob
    sorry for the threadjack but what is the second supermarket there besides MP ? Fusion at Aegean Coast ?

On the medical center, I'm not sure. I went there a few times and found them to be VERY expensive. My wife brought our daughter there a few times and stopped as well, she wasn't convinced she was getting very good advice.
    Is your wife local or expat? I find they are just like going to a local GP in UK or Australia. So yes, expat prices for expat service. No waiting, see you immediately, plenty of time for each consultatation, no unnecessary meds. Just want I want and not common in HK. I'm prepared to pay for that but I can imagine anyone happy with a normal local doc would not!
    z754103 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by freeier
    5-10+ year contracts, not your bog standard 2-3 year commercial lease and yes, they're usually larger than your local pharmacy etc...

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine
    So yes, expat prices for expat service.
    So it's just for expats? I won't be signing the petition then.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine
    So yes, expat prices for expat service.
    Not in our case. We got the "expat prices" but none of the "expat services", as you call them, you describe. Granted we only tried 4 times, because the location really is great for us, before giving up.

My wife is local and your criteria, as far as I read them in your post, are no different from hers. And mine.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by monomono
    So it's just for expats? I won't be signing the petition then.
    It's not just for expats, but they offer a service which is more familiar to expats which is one reason they are popular.

Quote Originally Posted by jrkob
    Not in our case. We got the "expat prices" but none of the "expat services", as you call them, you describe. Granted we only tried 4 times, because the location really is great for us, before giving up.

My wife is local and your criteria, as far as I read them in your post, are no different from hers. And mine.
    Fair enough. I've been very happy and so has my husband (who hates doctors with a passion). These guys are the only ones I've ever got him to go back to!