Planning to move to Sai Kung

Planning to move to Sai Kung

My wife and I are planning to move to Hong Kong in the near future (sooner than later) and intend to stay in Sai Kung. I am curious how many of you folks out there on this forum live in the area, what is the social community like between expats and highlight the pros and cons to me, before making the move from my own business in the UK.

A little bit more can be found on my website, but basically run my own web company (kennethtse.co.uk) in the UK, but always saw myself settling in Hong Kong in the longer term.

Your thoughts are welcomed.

Last edited by kenzokengo; 08-02-2009 at 04:16 AM.

good luck with the visa.

sai kung is a nice community... what kind of information are you looking for?

the biggest drawback is all the day trippers on weekends... makes parking difficult and traffic can be a little crazy.

> good luck with the visa

I have been living in the UK most my life, however do have a permanent resident HKID

> what kind of information are you looking for?

Just people's general overview and opinion of the area, my parents home is in Sai Kung, and I return quite frequently when I take holiday, always brings me back home as a child. I have great childhood memories. If you haven't guessed, I am Chinese, raised in the UK.

I like to network.

I can handle the tourism, I think it's what keep the place thriving and interesting. I just hope this proposed motorway doesn't go through!

The best place in HK, IMHO, you will not be disappointed :-)